ARC Models; New range of 4mm scale products

ARCModels

I am pleased to announce that due to improvements I am now able to offer my 14" Andrew Barclay 0-4-0st kit at a lower price at £25 from the previous £27.

I am also announcing that the price for the forthcoming 9" Andrew Barclay 0-4-0st will also be the same price of £25 and I will be announcing the availability of this kit within the coming weeks.

Please contact me at arcmodels@fsmail.net for the revised catalogue and order form.

Thank you.

I am pleased to show the first images of my upcoming Andrew Barclay 9" 0-4-0st kitpost-20366-0-37001200-1389279767_thumb.jpg

Some alterations are needed before production begins, but I hope it will not be long before orders can be taken for these.

Also, the improved 'Ironside' kit, the now features recesses in the bunkers for real coal to be added

post-20366-0-54979100-1389279905_thumb.jpg

And my other new kit Robert Stephenson & Hawthorn 0-4-0st 'Bonnie Prince Charlie'

post-20366-0-24276400-1389280014_thumb.jpg

Please email me at arcmodels@fsmail.net and request the latest catalogue and order form.

Thank you.

• Like 2

I would also like to add that there are pre-production samples of these three kits available, these being;

x3 Improved 'Ironside' kit - at £20  fits Bachmann Percy chassis

x2 RS&H 'Bonnie Prince Charlie' kit - £20  fits Bachmann Percy chassis

x2 9" Andrew Barclay 0-4-0st kit - £22* ++special discount++  fits Hornby L&Y 'Pug' chassis

*This discount price is due to some small errors in the pre-production models

contact me at arcmodels@fsmail.net and refer to these sample kits for the latest special order form and to check for availability

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

The Ironside and Bonnie Prince Charlie kits are both now available

These kits are designed to it onto the Bachmann HO Percy 0-4-0st chassis

To make a purchase, please request an order form at arcmodels@fsmail.net

I am also considering producing my first 'mainline' locomotive body kit,

GWR 3150 2-6-2t

post-20366-0-46113500-1390311820.jpg

This will be designed to fit onto the Hornby GWR Prairie chassis

Features include curved fallplate, short safety valve bonnet and two chimney options

However, I do not want to produce a product with little or no retail value, so please let me know if you are interested in this kit

Thank you

Edited by ARCModels
  • Like 3

Have you considered basing an 0-6-0 industrial body kit around the Electrotren chassis? Like a Hudswell Clarke side tank for instance?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/foxfield/Hudswell_Clarke_0-6-0T_NCB_No140_Caverswall_Road_15July2005.JPG

Paul A.

Absolutely, there are numerous 0-6-0t designs of which I am planning to produce and with this chassis, however, once I have completed some other kits I am in the middle of, but more on them later.

• Like 2

I am pleased to announce that I can now offer a service for SSAE, please send to the following address for the latest listings and order form;

I have not as yet been able to provide this service as I am currently in the middle of a move, but I have found that this is not actually a problem as Royal Mail can redirect post :declare: 

This is also why you have not seen any of my adverts, yet.

Regards,

Adam.

Edited by ARCModels

I don't have any specific at the moment, but there are a few possibilities, however you are welcome to name a few, it will give me an idea of which one to start with.

The Junior 0-6-0 chassis that comes with the 0-6-0 saddle tank (for example Greg), and I think its the same one with the diesel, is roughly about right (with the obvious exception of being inside cylinder) for a North London Tank. I make it about 0.5mm too big in wheel diameter (4'6" compared to 4'4") and the wheelbase appears to be 5'9"+5'9" while the NLR tank is 5'8"+5'8".

Drawings of the NLR tank are on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metrailway/8245782886/sizes/o/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metrailway/8244715397/sizes/o/in/photostream/

The Thomas/Stuart 0-6-0 chassis appears to be 5'3"+5'3" again with 4'6" wheels which to be rarer combination. 

The Junior 0-6-0 chassis that comes with the 0-6-0 saddle tank (for example Greg), and I think its the same one with the diesel, is roughly about right (with the obvious exception of being inside cylinder) for a North London Tank. I make it about 0.5mm too big in wheel diameter (4'6" compared to 4'4") and the wheelbase appears to be 5'9"+5'9" while the NLR tank is 5'8"+5'8".

Drawings of the NLR tank are on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metrailway/8245782886/sizes/o/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/metrailway/8244715397/sizes/o/in/photostream/

The Thomas/Stuart 0-6-0 chassis appears to be 5'3"+5'3" again with 4'6" wheels which to be rarer combination. 

Thank you for doing the work for me, I have never seen these diagrams before, only one question, will a kit of this prototype sell? Surely the class is famed for some of their work on the Cromford & High Peak Railway and No. 58850 preserved on the Bluebell, so lets hear it, how many of you would want a kit?

Putting together a Branchlines chassis compared to using the Bachmann chassis is a significantly different challennge and I suspect some who might be put off building the chassis kit would go for a simpler solution, particularly if the outside valve gear was to be simple to add, for example as with the GEM 009 Bagnall 0-6-0ST.

Hi there, already built an 0458 and about to begin on the 14", is there any chance of another run of the SECR H class at all? 

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying my kits, unfortunately, regarding the H class, due to increasing demand on improving current kits and in the development of new ones (yet to be announced), I am afraid that I cannot spare the time.

I am sorry to disappoint you.

Many thanks for your answer to my question. What's done about the cylinders? I would imagine there's plenty of room for Liquid Lead or similar?

Although there is plenty of weight, as these kits are designed to reuse the ballast weight from the donor model, it is possible to fill the area in front of this weight in the smokebox area, but not too much otherwise the loco might become unstable.

Here is a suggestion for you.

The southern 0756 or 0757 class could be a suggestion for a kit based on the electrotren chassis as it appears similar wheelbase and design and would be of interest to southern modellers such as myself and would also nicely compliment your ironside kit for obscure southern locos.

Link for some info on the class: http://www.semgonline.com/steam/PD&SWJR.html

OliverSR

Here is a suggestion for you.

The southern 0756 or 0757 class could be a suggestion for a kit based on the electrotren chassis as it appears similar wheelbase and design and would be of interest to southern modellers such as myself and would also nicely compliment your ironside kit for obscure southern locos.

Link for some info on the class: http://www.semgonline.com/steam/PD&SWJR.html

OliverSR

Both are curtain prototypes I will hopefully produce in the future, being a southerner, I do have a soft spot for all thing Southern, but, I refuse to show any professional bias, but thank you Oliver for your suggestions. 

I would like to add that the Andrew Barclay 14" 0-4-0st kit is now Sold Out pending improvements and the inclusion of a fully enclosed cab rear.

Also, the 9" Andrew Barclay is expected early in March.

Thank you.