Timtrains66

glebe road is coming on slowly as i did not spend much time on it over summer as it was too nice to be stuck in the loft. im currently installing new platform and street lights as well as signals to the layout but that is taking forever as i hate electrics. but i have got myself two new locos this week which i will show in the next update when ever that happens.

glebe road is coming on slowly as i did not spend much time on it over summer as it was too nice to be stuck in the loft. im currently installing new platform and street lights as well as signals to the layout but that is taking forever as i hate electrics. but i have got myself two new locos this week which i will show in the next update when ever that happens.

Good to hear Terry  ;)

Looking foward to seeing these new locos.

Tim

Evening all,

Got a bit of work done. Sorry about the light it gets a bit dark in the evening.

Fitted the second dcc signal.

attachicon.gifDSCN2755.jpg

I've finally finished painting the lamposts for the platform and fitted them, there not yet wired up

attachicon.gifDSCN2756.jpg

Not too sure about the shelters.... ummmm 

attachicon.gifDSCN2757.jpg

Started laying the track for the second fiddle yard and have run out of track... LOL

attachicon.gifDSCN2758.jpg

The layouts shunter has arrived on site, it will now undergow a technical inspection and will be tested on the tracks shortly.

attachicon.gifDSCN2759.jpg

Network rail rushing to get the platform finished on time.

attachicon.gifDSCN2760.jpg

Fairly dirty TTA wagon arrived at Chirk Lane for a brake inspection.

attachicon.gifDSCN2761.jpg

Overview of the yard and station at Chirk Lane

attachicon.gifDSCN2763.jpg

Thanks for looking !

Tim

Hi Tim

Layout progressing very nicely, can I ask what is the origin of the lamps and the platform shelters please?

Ian

Hello all !

I've made a running video of the layout (trains running not the layout). The french postal service has managed to loose a couple of decoders that i had ordered ! Well done for that. But here are a few pictures of the layout.

post-18373-0-73351900-1381229740_thumb.jpg

New arrival on the layout !! Very happy  :senile:

post-18373-0-69831500-1381229742_thumb.jpg

And work continues at Chirk Lane !

Thanks for looking !

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Neil, well not that much actually. I put the layout to one side for the moment as my looking forward to go off travelling before I have to start work again in December. Plus the fact that my funds are running low ! I don't think there will be any major works until I get back in April. That's the way life is, you can't have everything !

Tim

• 1 month later...

Hi

As your track is pretty much done, and you have the back boards in place I would suggest a little emulsion paint, some pale blue on the back and some brown / grey on the cork will liven it up no end, if you get 3 old spray bottles (old kitchen cleaning ones are useful)  and a little grey, beige, and brown or grey, so could also touch up the tunnel mouth. Looks interesting shall pop in occasionally to see your work. nice to see youngsters in the hobby. :sungum:

Hi

As your track is pretty much done, and you have the back boards in place I would suggest a little emulsion paint, some pale blue on the back and some brown / grey on the cork will liven it up no end, if you get 3 old spray bottles (old kitchen cleaning ones are useful)  and a little grey, beige, and brown or grey, so could also touch up the tunnel mouth. Looks interesting shall pop in occasionally to see your work. nice to see youngsters in the hobby. :sungum:

Hi Jaz, the back board in already painted pale blue. I'm not able to do any work on the layout as i'm working in Courchevel in the french alps until april. But thanks for the tips. It's going to be a long 4 months without a layout to work on !

Tim

Archived