pitbull1845

Scott, if I may add to this conversation. I don't post often any more, but as far back as I can remember I wanted to build a layout. My career put shelf to that, then I resurrected the idea mid 2000. Personal circumstances made me have to sell my whole stock soon after which I totally regretted. I rebuit my stock again and yet again personal circumstances plus a young family dictated that I had to sell my collection. I always regretted not holding onto some valuable pieces of stock which now fetch silly prices and now are out of my reach. I am slowly rebuilding my collection but like others who have chatted to you, I have narrowed my modelling period and location and its only taken me 10 years!!

If there is any advice I can offer is do not make any rash decision to sell ......... you will regret it. Take time and perhaps look at different locations to get a feel before settling on one which you feel will be right. It took me 10 years and now I will be in the process of building baseboards soon and who knows post the details in this forum!!

Cheers

Hi Everyone,

It's interesting to read everyone's comments and thanks for contributing. I will be selling some but not all of my stock. I do have a plan of action however I have to sell stuff to fund the next idea, that's how I try and manage my hobby.

Ian is correct in the fact that I don't see progress on my layouts which is why I lose interest, but then I've looked back at some more photos of my old layouts and think they were coming along nicely! I just don't get it.

Here's an example.

post-6849-0-63449700-1389459179.jpg

Anyway, upwards and onwards, no point dwelling on the past. Time to move onto the next adventure!

• RMweb Premium

Hi Everyone,

It's interesting to read everyone's comments and thanks for contributing. I will be selling some but not all of my stock. I do have a plan of action however I have to sell stuff to fund the next idea, that's how I try and manage my hobby.

Ian is correct in the fact that I don't see progress on my layouts which is why I lose interest, but then I've looked back at some more photos of my old layouts and think they were coming along nicely! I just don't get it.

Here's an example.

attachicon.gifas.JPG

Anyway, upwards and onwards, no point dwelling on the past. Time to move onto the next adventure!

thats a nice pic.

• 2 years later...

Scott, sorry to read about you having given up on this very interesting topic of the I&FA Rwy. I just stumbled over your project and would've loved to see some progress made, as I myself am thinking about entering Fort Augustus for a microlayout competition. Let me say that I've been through modeling crises many times - but it's the fun of creating a tiny little world that keeps me coming back at the hobby again and again. :sungum: Maybe you'll get back to building FA again someday. I'll follow that story closely then.

Cheers, Kosta

Hi Kosta,

I forgot about this one, I think there have been a few more projects since then.

I think it's the creating layouts bit that I enjoy, not sure how long it would be before I get bored of one that's actually finished though.

I still think about doing a Highland layout again, but if I do it will be a long way off. Good luck with your micro layout.

Cheers

Scott  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived