Wirral 2013 Model Railway Show 26-27th October....

class"66"

(Merseyside Model Railway Society)

Model Railway Show "Wirral"  26-27th October 2013....

Sat & sun, 10am - 5pm

(Mosslands School)

Mossland Drive,Wallasey,Wirral CH45 8PJ....

Layouts and Traders,

Hot & cold refreshments,

Free vintage bus rides.....

Free car parking.......

Adults £5.00   Concessions £4.00    Children £2.00........

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to going tomorrow for a couple of hours prior to visiting my good lady in Clatterbridge, need to pick up a few bits and pieces from Todmorden Models.

Want to see Ludlow too, my Dad worked there in Booking Office until 1960. When I was 3 I decided to visit him and walked about a mile to the station from our house, crossing two main roads (although the definition of main in 1960 is nothing to that of today), my mum went ballistic trying to find me............................

A small but perfectly formed exhibition. A good selection of layouts from small N guage (Tetfield under Bolt) up to   G Gauge. O Gauge (Johnstown Road) was a particular favourite as I love model Cambrian, and good to see Ludlow (although it seemed to have some running problems and needs some Running In Boards on the platforms) The path I remember from the road to the station was there, although I remember more buildings. Nonethe less a very good N Gauge model.

I enjoyed a chat with the guys on Scalefour Knutsford East as a fellow P4 modeller.

The catering was really good too, no long queues and some simple well priced fare.

If you are in the Merseyside area and you want a few hours enjoyment tomorrow get yourself along there.

• RMweb Premium

We went yesterday and met up with club members and chatted with others.

Ian had a new smoke unit for his Rhydwyn Fawr layout.  Most effective.  Nice one.

And I came away with a few wagons from the Club Shop - thanks.  A few bits and pieces also bought from the traders.

A few photos.

Angel Bank

post-14049-0-13793000-1382875970.jpg

Springfield Spa

post-14049-0-38086400-1382876024.jpg

Thistlemere

post-14049-0-00784500-1382876052.jpg

Christmas is coming on the Llangollen Railway Stand (wooden headboard carefully balanced for the photo shoot by an accomplice and note Santa on a previous mission in top right corner but if you think there was some clever composition going on, forget it, I've only just noticed!)

post-14049-0-29407100-1382876074.jpg

Polly

Archived