N Gauge signals (LNER U1 Garratt in N gauge)

• RMweb Gold

I have one of the old 8F chassis that you could experiment with if you want - but you are probably looking for a more recent Chinese-built one.

That said, I'm not convinced that an 8F is the right answer. Wrong sort of valve gear (double slidebar) and rather expensive with two Farish chassis (not that any Garratt is going to  be cheap). Have a look at some of the Japanese eight-coupled chassis.

thanks for the tip paul, and thankyou for the offer joseph-pestell, i think the 8f chassis is unfortunately not going to be appropriate, however i will look into the japanese 8 coupled chassis, these would probably run a lot smoother than the farish ones too :)

Regards 

David

I have just received my signals from shapeways, and i am very happy with the quality and fineness of the prints, they look very delicate and far better than the white metal ones i have used previously. i will try and get some pictures later on or tomorrow to post them.

David

• 1 month later...

Hi

Not strictly railway related, but might be of interest to those wanting to be more flexible with placing lighting when photographing models.

I am working on a stand designed to have a flash gun or led lighting that has a hotshoe style of fitting.

i intend to 3D print it, i havnt decided what material yet though.

post-4616-0-30123100-1394405690_thumb.jpg

David

Archived