Scenecraft plastic station building

Karhedron

I was looking at the scenecraft plastic station building N 376762 and it struck me that it looked fairly GWR-ish.

376-762.jpg

I am pretty lousy at regional architecture but can anyone confirm if this model looks suitably western (if not modelled on an actual GWR prototype)?

• RMweb Premium

Doesn't look western regionish to me. It you were to replace the canopy valance with something more ornate it would be closer, but still not there.

No idea why Waltons list this one as plastic when afaik all the Scenecraft range is resin buildings. Is this an odd one off as it does seem cheaper than the rest of the range too.

You may be able to get away with it as a pre grouping station with modern canopies added and the chimneys capped.

Not sure what the pipe on the end is meant to be?

No idea why Waltons list this one as plastic when afaik all the Scenecraft range is resin buildings. Is this an odd one off as it does seem cheaper than the rest of the range too.

It is plastic, I have seen them before. It is an injection moulded kit that is pre-assembled and painted.

Scenecraft is a mix. In N Gauge, those with 5 digit reference numbers (42-xxx from memory) are Resin. Those with 6 digit ref numbers (376-xxx or something like that) are Plastic. I have no idea why there is a mix but it does exist.

Archived