Tinspeak viaduct

emperor3005

The layout i am planing and slowly coming into light is a 00 gauge layout featuring a station and over 1m viaduct leading out towards a fiddle yard i ma hopping to show banking and plan to use dcc  i have the space i have the baseboard i have the way in which to put it up all i need now is track trains and scenery. I plan to use oasis for my scenery first of all because it when damp and varnished provides a better base than paper mashe our plaster cloth in that its cheaper can be reused and also is pre-painted green and acts as a great undercoat for what foliage you place above (i have used both other alternative. While on the subject i also plan to use grape stalk trees i find them effective and can be built up to whatever size i then use a material purchased at warley which can be manipulated to suit and looks very effective it is not a well known brand when memory allows ill post the brad name.

As with all great layouts i will be scrachbuilding my buildings and have already shelled out for card and tools i now have most but as with everything great money dried up so live got the glue to construct it the tools to build it but not the plastic to commence building im a bit of a bad planer really as my mom says patients is a virtue to me it just seams to be a pain. Due to the width of my layout the building and scenery make up for the width by compensating in hight the four buildings consist of a station a viaduct pride of the layout and a platform and signal box.

This has been Jonathan and thank you for reading i hope i have not bored you and hope to have more on the layout soon

Me again i am still deciding how to provide power if "DC" or "dcc" on one hand DC is simple and cheaper however dcc can run two locos but with sufficient power this can be achieved on DC i am leaning towards DC however im unsure how to uncouple the last loco i am thinking a magnetic system another suggestions it must uncouple on the move and be cheap and not uncouple the train but the banker engine.

Me again i am still deciding how to provide power if "DC" or "dcc" on one hand DC is simple and cheaper however dcc can run two locos but with sufficient power this can be achieved on DC i am leaning towards DC however im unsure how to uncouple the last loco i am thinking a magnetic system another suggestions it must uncouple on the move and be cheap and not uncouple the train but the banker engine.

Sounds interesting.

Just a thought, but.... In the day of steam, the banking loco would not be coupled to the rear of the train it was assisting. With this in mind would DCC not be the better option for you as the banking loco could have the couplings removed, and the last vehicle of the train have it coupling also removed so they do not accidently couple. Then with DCC each loco can be controlled separately with the same controller, thus the rear loco can be slowed down, stopped and reversed without stopping the main train.

Just a thought

Ian

That thought it not just a thought but a good one thanks mate that kills two birds with one stone my power and my banking idea thanks Ian  also ive started today on my viaduct and have opted to make it in two sections the top curve and track and the pillars separate.Also word to the wise get yourselves a compass cutter if you intend to use lots of curves in your buildings._jon 

Due to recent misfortunes in the garage I am unable to start work however believe I will be able to start soon as I clear my garage which may be able to start work with the boards another random hint if you by shelf's from b&q by window shelf's and brackets in stead as there cheaper and longer plus are gloss white from shop.So should be well under way by next week.-jon

Today i have visited cradley heath and enjoyed the show partly because i was operating however i got talking as you do and after 9 straight hours of operating i came home i have looked at the net and have found photos as regarding elements of what i wish to create but due to the stupid annoying thing called copyright i cannot show you however i have worked out how do do my wiring power and track plan scenery and buildings and how they will fit and also how to make it feasible to the period my story is that its a remote station however has hourly push pull services rolling in and by and is a major freight line for a supposed city thats futher on the line due to dccs drawback no wheel-spin i have decided to make the load heavy enough to just effect it and try to correct it's self which i very much look forward to as well as the banking idea proposed earlier in the threads Sunday tomorrow and time to eventually get the board where it should be._jon

Archived