As promised I did go down to the club last night and in preparation for heywood open day (this Saturday ) I decided to have a driver training session and also to refresh on how we are going to run the layout. I did get pics from yesterday but they are from the I phone and I have to make them smaller to get them on here, so when I get them sorted I will put the pics on here.

Broc I did get some closer pics of 46256 or the best that I can with the phone ( I don't have a camera )

Thanks Mark,

She looks good, even with the infamous yellow stripe! I'm currently doing one as built in 47, what a shame she (he?) Wasn't saved.

Is that the full Comet Tender kit or the body on a Hornby chassis?

Really like the mix of stock etc on the layout, after seeing 92220's Caprotti 5 as well as your's i might have found a use for that spare Black 5 body of mine.

Hi Brocp,

The tender is the Hornby standard one what came with the loco but detailed up.  I did have two but someone wanted it, so I sold it to them.

I was impressed with Iain's(92220) black 5 he has done so amazing locos very skilled modeller . I did one on my other topic 44767 on there it shows how I did mine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I was modelling EWS years I only had the clubs layout to run my stuff on, Then I saw kingsmill and thought about how I could use something like that. I have built 4 layouts now Bucks lane is the 4th.

Then I sold all my stock and got into the steam era.

I did enjoy Kingsmill, it was great to operate but could have done with a longer fiddle Yard, (I only had room for 4ft) and possibly one at the other end past the Level Crossing would have been a bonus. I need to work that sort of plan into my next Project somehow.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just to keep people up to date,

I have been busy with life and getting back to normal after the Christmas break,

BL is still going strong but it has mostly been work on the fiddle yard boards wiring and soldering pcb stips on each baseboard end.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel work on the scenic area. The bridge at the station end has had some work done to it and if I can next time I am there (Monday) I will put pics up to show some of the work carried out.

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...