Brick Bridge

John lewsey

Something else I will get back to is the Beames tank .i started this a while ago but couldn't get it to work properly  l was saved by Kieth Gloucester .It turned out that the gears weren't machined correctly the whole not being square to the gear.Kieth drilled out the gears in fitted inserts and saved the day .I will catch up with him next time I'm back in the UK.The only problem now is that the Maxon motor isn't working as one of the connections has come adrift. They are no longer available from the 2mm Association .

john

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 25/09/2020 at 15:12, Coal Tank said:

Hi guys 

.   I am planning to use brick papers on the viaduct and I wondered what you all think ,also what is the best way of sticking it to the wood .All thoughts welcome 

John 

image.png

I think trying to stick brick paper directly to wood is fraught with difficulties. Not the least of which is stretching and getting it to fit. I think I would cut some mountboard to fit the plywood. Then get this flat on the bench and add the brick paper, parapets,  arches etc. All the details. Then once complete, fix the mount board to the ply. If you leave the edges of the arches oversize, they can be folded round to give neat finish.

Ian

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This side of the viaduct is almost there. The track has to be laid and tested before I can do the capping stones and railings.Im doing railings instead of a retaining wall so that the trains can be easily seen. Im not sure if I am making a good lob of this or not

John 

IMG_20201118_165552.jpg

Edited by Coal Tank
  • Like 15

• 9 months later...