John lewsey

Brick Bridge

Nice trees. Did you make them or buy them? If the latter where from?

Hi I confess that I did buy them from a lady that I've seen at exhibitios but I can't recall her name 

john

2 hours ago, Coal Tank said:

I've made a start on the signal box 

I've emailed you some pictures and text,

Jerry

• Like 1

Hi ya Andy thanks for that I am trying to save the steps but laser cut ones seems good 

What I've done is cut some new bits from the fret and make new steps. I've soldered the top and bottom ones so that it's held together all I have to do now is fill in the gaps 

(hopefully) 

John 

You're not alone John. Ive built seven or so Midland boxes now, all of which utilise the Churchward kit to a greater or lesser extent  and I think I've cream crackered the fold up steps on about half of them. I usually managed to rescue the handrails and stringers and used the plastistruct steps for the rest.

Jerry 

• Like 1

Hi Jerry I had something like that in mind I thought that if I soldered the top, middle and bottom steps it would give it some strength 

When I did the artwork for Kirkallanmuir signal box i tried designing the steps as a fold up, but I realised they would be too fragile to be practical.  I made the sides with slots for each step and a wee jig to help keep everything square during assembly.

Jim

• Like 1