North American Inglenook

devious diesel

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I spent yesterday putting together a couple of new trestles on which the layout now sits. (I would have got it done quicker if they had been supplied with some assembly instructions).

After reading Lance Mindheim's books I have set the layout at about 50 inch high.This has really improved the operation of the layout.

David.

post-6796-0-34248100-1419950737.jpgpost-6796-0-10145200-1419950754.jpg

Great work David, I like the spacious look you've achieved in a small area. I also like the neatness of your work.

Your layout has got me thinking. Like you, I've built a small North American Inglenook and a Timesaver, perhaps it's time to try something different mmmm......

Mal

Hi

Once again thanks for the positive comments. I think that this project is completed.

I feel any major addition's to the layout would be counterproductive.

I am going to concentrate on the operational side of things for bit. I have been reading Lance Mindheims book on switching layout operations and rather like the slow and steady approach he takes.

I can also take my time and think about my next project. This youtube clip interest me.

David

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Another picture, I don't think the code 100 track looks too good in this shot. I wanted to use code 83 but funds are tight so having to use what I already have to hand.

David

Looks great!. What product did you use for modeling the grass?

Hi Daniel

My idea of recycling the boards hasn't worked not to worry I find conti board works for me, it is also cheap and readily available,

Hi CSX2004 

I bought Noch type puffer bottle and some static grass at a model railway show, I think a electric static grass applicator would probably do a better job.

I am very much a budget modeller. For example the sound decoder set up came to £43, its sound pretty good for EMD stuff but I couldn't  recommend it for Alco's.

David.

Archived