Dallam Sidings (Warrington) - N Gauge WCML 2001

87023Velocity

On 04/09/2019 at 11:50, Duncan. said:

Hi Simon,

Want to do mine!

Cheers

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

Thanks, but will need to politely decline, lol.

Are you needing more signals for Shirebrook or is it a new project?

Cheers

Simon

Edited by 87023Velocity
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Another signal which is nearly ready is WN176, this is again a CR 4 aspect signal kit with the protection cage from N Brass, this again has been fully tested and is ready for finishing off. This signal is located on the bi-directional slow line prior to WN173.

IMG_20190903_221829477.jpg

• Like 11

Hi Simon,

The signals on Shirebrook are 'poseable' (can be moved) but are non working. Automation is probably the last big project for me to do on Shirebrook. My idea being that each signal has a red LED repeater on the control panel, illuminated when corresponding signal is showing 'red', a push button reset on the panel would clear the signal. The operator would be able to drive a train to the panel indications...the train would return the signal to red ( and panel indication) via IRDOT or reed switch(?)... 

Cheers

Duncan

• Like 1

I think I will be looking at something similar, initially they are just going to be wired up via rotary switches so they can be operated ready for Blackburn.

New arrival on Dallam, a Dapol Class 142 in Northern Spirit livery, it will not be staying like this for long as getting resprayed. Here it is passing signal WN173 which has had a feed temporarily applied to see how it looks on the layout.

mUzhygvpcn0

Cheers

Simon

• Like 13

On 31/08/2019 at 18:30, 87023Velocity said:

Hi, another exhibition update,  Dallam will now be appearing at the Wigan Exhibition October 5/6th 2019.

Cheers

Simon

IMG_20190226_213424322.jpg

Hi,

Unfortunately I will be withdrawing Dallam from the Wigan Exhibition although it was decided only last week for it to attend. 

Basically Dallam was going to be used alongside another layout to cover some last minute cancellations. However last night at our club meeting it was quite clear this could not work due to a number of reasons (it would be a very stressful weekend!). Another layout is now appearing vice Dallam, however Dallam will definitely be at Wigan 2020! :D Apologies for the confusion!:blush:

Thanks

Simon

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, Duncan. said:

Every Cloud Simon... you mean Shirebrook and Dallam Sidings will both be at the Wigan 2020 show.... now that sounds like a show I can't miss!

Cheers

Duncan

Yes Duncan, thats correct, I would be quite (very actually) happy for either your blue 20's or 56's to appear on the MGR working on Dallam...... hint hint..:D

2 hours ago, 87023Velocity said:

Yes Duncan, thats correct, I would be quite (very actually) happy for either your blue 20's or 56's to appear on the MGR working on Dallam...... hint hint..:D

I am certain that if we scrutinise the relevant working timetables we will be able to find suitable Mansfield Concentration Sidings to Warrington Arpley or Fiddlers Ferry workings! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Duncan. said:

I am certain that if we scrutinise the relevant working timetables we will be able to find suitable Mansfield Concentration Sidings to Warrington Arpley or Fiddlers Ferry workings! :rolleyes:

Likewise, an EWS or Mainline liveried 60 could work through to Shirebrook from Arpley sidings with a rake of empties.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

Parts to allow the signal gantry arrived today from CR Signals. Here can be seen the route indicator and 4 aspect signal loosely positioned and illuminated. 

The video shows the MGR which is being signalled into the goods loop at Warrington Bank Quay.

Cheers

Simon

IMG_20190910_194751024.jpg

IMG_20190910_200700219_BURST001.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
On 07/09/2019 at 13:24, Duncan. said:

On 07/09/2019 at 16:08, 87023Velocity said:

Likewise, an EWS or Mainline liveried 60 could work through to Shirebrook from Arpley sidings with a rake of empties.

Just need the two layouts positioned next to (or behind) each other, and a connecting road between fiddle yards hehe!!  Just be aware that a wrongly routed pair of '86s' would end up in the need for a Thunderbird off Shirebrook :)

Have marked October 2020 in the diary for future reference.

Rich

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

4 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Just need the two layouts positioned next to (or behind) each other, and a connecting road between fiddle yards hehe!!  Just be aware that a wrongly routed pair of '86s' would end up in the need for a Thunderbird off Shirebrook :)

Have marked October 2020 in the diary for future reference.

Rich

I am sure I could have a quiet word with our exhibition manager and floor manager.............:D

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 11/09/2019 at 19:41, 87023Velocity said:

I am sure I could have a quiet word with our exhibition manager and floor manager.............:D

He only finished this year’s plan on Monday. Give him a chance. :D

Paul.

Had a break from signalling and made a start on some items of stock with the intention of completing them ready for Blackburn in November.

Both 142's have been stripped using IPA, these are both going into GMPTE with FNW logos.

Also made a start on fading and weathering the HEAs. The Railfreight logos were first removed using a cotton bud soaked in enamel thinners. A coat of thinned white enamel has then been washed over the railfreight red then wiped off. The middle HEA has only had the Railfreight sign removed and not been faded yet, this one may get faded to pink! Additional dirt grime etc needs adding along with axleboxes and brake levers picking out.

IMG_20190914_201502976.jpg

IMG_20190915_203629523.jpg

Edited by 87023Velocity
  • Like 16