Dallam Sidings (Warrington) - N Gauge WCML 2001

87023Velocity

Finally got the signal gantry wired up ready for Blackburn, needs a bit of weathering and some bits of detailing added but will do after the show. The left route indicator is lit as route set for goods loop and the other is lit for platform 1 at Warrington Bank Quay.

Cheers

Simon

IMG_20191106_084151979.jpg

• Like 19

A couple of clips from the Blacburn show today, 56070 slowly approaches the signal as it changes to single yellow and route indicator for the goods loop at Warrington Bank Quay. 

A class 142,156,142 ECS heads south towards Warrington as the tail end of a North bound Virgin Cross Country passes.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Duncan. said:

Hi Simon,

Great to meet up with you and your operating team today. Thanks for allowing a few Shirebrook locos to run on Dallam metals. Looking forward to the vids...

Cheers

Duncan and Janet

Hi Duncan, it was a pleasure and big thanks for bringing them along, it was the topic of conversation between myself and Chris quite a bit today. Really looking forward to seeing Shirebrook in the flesh. I will start posting the videos from this morning. Dallam may well get back dated in the future.

Thanks again,

Simon

• Friendly/supportive 1

A couple of quick videos with the Shirebrook locos making a guest appearance. Got quite a few videos, so may merge into one before uploading.

Thanks again Duncan.

Clip 1, Class 31, 31215 heads North on a short trip working from Arpley yard.

Class 56 and 20's pass on their coal workings.

Cheers 

• Like 14

Those last two videos are brilliant, my two favorite layouts to follow on the web in Dallam and Shirebrook combined, who could ask for more. Thanks for posting the video so those of us who don't live in the UK can still follow. Congratulations on the awards as well, very well deserved in my opinion. 

All the best

Dave

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks David! , another clip showing another working using a Shirebrook loco passing the sidings.

A large logo class 56 heads North past the sidings with a Cawoods working to Ellesmere Port.

At the opposite end, a class 40 heads towards Arpley sidings with an MGR working.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 14

With the Revolution trains KFAs due and I have 2 KQAs on order, thought it would be a good idea to make a start on the C Rail tanktainer kits which I ordered quite a while ago. Not fully ready for paint yet but getting there, managed to get these 5 progressed over a couple of hours this evening. All 5 have had some weight added during construction.  Another hour or two should have them ready for painting.

Cheers

Simon

IMG_20191118_222731569.jpg

IMG_20191118_222819008.jpg

• Like 16

A clip of the C=Rail pocket wagons running  within the intermodal rake. Once the KFAs arrive a short Freightliner rake will be formed of Megafrets, KQAs and KFAs and C=Rail FSA/FTAs will be added when they arrive. 10 laps of the layout completed with no issues. 

Cheers

Simon

• Like 8

Made a start on some N Gauge Society Salmon kits this evening, the YSA EWS re-bogied versions. Bought 3 but think will get some more, 1st one went together with no issues, so cracked on with the other 2, these will need another hour or so to finish off yet. Not fitted the steps and handbrake wheels as need to look at prototype pics as different handbrake wheels fitted and some had no steps.

IMG_20191121_190306422.jpg

IMG_20191121_215651967.jpg

• Like 13

All 3 YSA salmon wagons finished and just await painting, will add the handbrake wheels then. Going to add some additional weight and also swap the buffers from the kit for N Brass versions.

Here they are being tested as part of an engineers working behind 37674.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 12

• 4 weeks later...

Not much happening on the layout with the run up to Christmas,however my tripple pack of KFAs arrived from Revolution this morning so seemed like a good excuse to go in the garage to unbox and check them out. They are very nice and will be weathered in the near future. Need to also get some containers ordered as well.

Cheers

Simon 

IMG_20191220_163530870.jpg

IMG_20191220_163208221_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20191220_163335947.jpg

IMG_20191220_163306380.jpg

• Like 12

Made a little bit more progress with the N gauge Society YSA Salmon kit build. The plastic buffers which were supplied have been removed and brass replacements fitted, these are from N Brass. Although only built 3, hopefully 3 more should appear in the new year. 
I want to model them loaded, so to get the best effect, 2 metres of Finetrax code 40 flat bottom concrete sleeper track was ordered. The rails for these are being cut into roughly the right length, then built up with the sleepers. The webbing has been removed between the sleepers. Will probably run with a mix of 3 to 4 panels per wagon.

Cheers

Simon

IMG_20191221_134038433.jpg

IMG_20191221_134126039.jpg

IMG_20191221_134046035.jpg

• Like 13