Dallam Sidings (Warrington) - N Gauge WCML 2001

87023Velocity

9 minutes ago, jonas said:

All are looking very smart, but the RES 47 especially. I’m a big fan of that livery!

Thanks mate, going to need a few more RES 47's as thinking of having a Serco test train with 47s top and tail, but that will be a long term project. 

EWS Class 47/7 47793 - Warrington Bank Quay

Edited by 87023Velocity
  • Like 7
  • Agree 1

Nice work on the 90 Simon. 

After you posted the RAL colours the other day, what paints did you use to match them on the model?

I'm determined to finish a load of stuff on the workbench, but you're tempting me to start my Anglia DVT! Done the decals already :D

Jo

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

Nice work on the 90 Simon. 

After you posted the RAL colours the other day, what paints did you use to match them on the model?

I'm determined to finish a load of stuff on the workbench, but you're tempting me to start my Anglia DVT! Done the decals already :D

Jo

I have used Humbrol enamels, after checking and comparing think they look ok. The lower bodyside thin grey stripe is Humbrol 145, the wide bodyside stripe and roof is Humbrol 32, the doors and grabrail recess are Humbrol 27. The white I have used Humbrol satin white and yellow is Railmatch 210.

Simon

• Thanks 1

Super as ever.

Love the 90, something a bit different.

I am surprised we don’t have RES 47 from Bachmann yet as surely it would be very popular. They always seem to start with the oldest liveries and it takes a long time to get to something that would interest me! 

Tim.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Timmy84 said:

Super as ever.

Love the 90, something a bit different.

I am surprised we don’t have RES 47 from Bachmann yet as surely it would be very popular. They always seem to start with the oldest liveries and it takes a long time to get to something that would interest me! 

Tim.

Thanks Tim, 

I know, I was surprised that the cutback 47 is at the back of the list considering how long the 57's have been out. I will probably wait now for the Farish RES 47s to arrive to make up the rest of my RES fleet, also a Virgin 47 (or 2) will be added.

Cheers

Simon

1 hour ago, cornish trains jez said:

And there was me thinking, "he's going for a Swallow class 90"!

Looking good all the same and nice to see a GA 90 in N gauge. Top stuff as always matey.

Will you be doing a rake of MK3's in GA livery too?

Best regards and stay safe,

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy, thought it might catch a few out thinking it would be a Swallow 90 following on from the 86 & 87.

The GA 90 is not for me and will be finished as 90009 in ex GA livery i.e. no lettering on the side. 

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 87023Velocity said:

Thanks Jeremy, thought it might catch a few out thinking it would be a Swallow 90 following on from the 86 & 87.

The GA 90 is not for me and will be finished as 90009 in ex GA livery i.e. no lettering on the side. 

Cheers

Simon

Caught me out as well, my first thought from your photo was a swallow 90. You've got some very interesting resprays underway. Looking forward to seeing them develop. 

All the best,

Dave

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

Caught me out as well, my first thought from your photo was a swallow 90. You've got some very interesting resprays underway. Looking forward to seeing them develop. 

All the best,

Dave

Thanks Dave, at somepoint this may get the once over, the original Poole 90 as 90019 Penny Black. The benefit of the Poole version is the bogie centres are correct.  I did think full respray but the paintwork looks ok, so this will have the cab roof sections sanded, etched light units fitted, new pantograph, finer wheels, skirt fitted to one end with pipes etc, later overhead warning labels, wire cab handles and etched nameplates. Think thats it!

20201211_080320.jpg

• Like 11

• 4 weeks later...
  • 87023Velocity changed the title to Dallam Sidings (Warrington) - N Gauge WCML 2001 92s have arrived Yay!!
24 minutes ago, Ben A said:

Hi Simon,

Thanks for posting the videos - they look great in your wonderfully realistic scenics!

BTW the small switch on the underside should disable the tail lights.

cheers

Ben A.

Thanks Ben, forgot about the switch, doh! 

There will probably be more pictures and videos on the layout in the coming days. 

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

Right I have finally managed to create a Youtube channel. It should have been straight forward but the local broadband speeds this week have been rubbish, slow and losing connection. 

Therefore only 6 videos loaded so far but more to be added (slowly!!) during next few days (both existing and new videos).

Thanks for looking. 

Dallam Sidings N gauge Layout WCML

https://youtube.com/channel/UCdo73zC2Qg08raORGGcLRjA

Thanks

Simon

Edited by 87023Velocity
  • Like 4