Dallam Sidings (Warrington) - N Gauge WCML 2001

87023Velocity

10 hours ago, 87023Velocity said:

Finally got around to assembling the N Gauge Society Seacow kits that I got last summer I think, 5 to build, should have bought more as they go out of stock quite quickly from the NGS shop. Livery wise, will probably do 4 in weathered Dutch and 1 in EWS livery to suit the timeframe on Dallam. 

Majority of the brass etches have been folded 

assembled and soldered for strength. All need a good clean prior to spraying. The discharge chutes will be fitted once painted.

Cheers

Simon

20210228_150136.jpg

20210228_151813.jpg

20210302_135307.jpg

20210302_094827.jpg

20210304_211347.jpg

Hi Simon,

I hope you are keeping well. If you take a look back in the Shirebrook thread pages 18 to 25ish you will see my adventure making NGS Seacows. I did have a few mishaps. A quick scan may help you to avoid some of the pitfalls as the instructions are not the easiest to understand.

Cheers

Duncan

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Duncan. said:

Hi Simon,

I hope you are keeping well. If you take a look back in the Shirebrook thread pages 18 to 25ish you will see my adventure making NGS Seacows. I did have a few mishaps. A quick scan may help you to avoid some of the pitfalls as the instructions are not the easiest to understand.

Cheers

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

Yes been using your experience which has proved invaluable along with comparing with a 4mm Hornby version I had in the loft. 

Hopefully the kits will re appear again soon in the NGS shop.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, 87023Velocity said:

Thanks for the great comments Jonas  and David. It was good to have things running again although not surprisingly the track needed a good clean!

Here are a few more pics.

Cheers

Simon

20210513_191216.jpg

20210513_183405.jpg

20210513_185557.jpg

20210513_183655.jpg

Really nice pics. Good to see layout updates again. Really like the drs triple head flask train

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Evening everyone and thanks for the comments Phil and Rich. 

Actually did some modelling tonight!:D

I have had a Farish 90 to respray and detail for a friend. All that was left to do was fit the handrails, glazing, roof detail, pantograph and fix the skirt to the body. Managed to get most done except for fixing the skirt to the body - tomorrow's job!

Here are some pics on Dallam.

Cheers

Simon

20210516_211308.jpg

20210516_211633.jpg

20210516_211845.jpg

20210516_212108.jpg

• Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, cornish trains jez said:

Hi Simon,

Looking good. I like the regional 31! Dare I ask if you are keeping it in that livery?!

Have a great bank holiday weekend!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

It will be resprayed but not decided what to do yet. If I use it for Dallam 2001 it will need to be in Fragonset livery. I have always liked Original Railfreight without the redstripe on the 31s so that could be a possibility for a late 80s early 90s operating session.

Have a great Bank Holiday too!

Cheers

Simon

Edited by 87023Velocity
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 87023Velocity said:

Hi Jeremy,

It will be resprayed but not decided what to do yet. If I use it for Dallam 2001 it will need to be in Fragonset livery. I have always liked Original Railfreight without the redstripe on the 31s so that could be a possibility for a late 80s early 90s operating session.

Have a great Bank Holiday too!

Cheers

Simon

OOOh that opens the door to Trainload Freight liveries and blue electrics :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ighten said:

Superb - I can feel the pull and temptation of n gauge starting to work into my mind... What are you using for ballast may I ask it looks super fine and excellent

Thanks! :good: I have used Chinchilla dust, the only issue to be aware of though is cracks can appear whilst drying. This can be touched up afterwards though.

Cheers

Simon

On 31/05/2021 at 18:20, Duncan. said:

Hi Simon,

Some very nice photos Simon... love the double headed 92's... super power... I hope you're keeping well.

Cheers

Duncan

Hi Duncan,

Thanks, all well here, hope you also?

Hopefully some actual modelling will commence soon but I have decided to sort the patio out over the summer, so it maybe a while yet!

Cheers

Simon

Had a Brush traction themed running session this evening. 47785 on a Virgin Cross Country, 60078 and failed 60061 on the Fiddlers Ferry MGRs, 92001 on an Enterprise service, 60052 on the Cawoods to Seaforth and 92003 on an Intermodal to Wembley.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 15

• 1 month later...

Not much modelling (actually none) has happened on Dallam over the past few months as attention has been focused outside during the summer months. I have usually managed 5 to 10 minutes operating though each evening. 

I was asked if Dallam could be included in the N Gauge Forum virtual exhibition, which I said yes!

The show was held over last weekend with demos, layouts, interviews and traders, well put together.

Here is the running session I compiled for the show, at 12 minutes long is the longest one I have done. To do 12 minutes of video took around 4-5 evenings during a week to get it done. Here is the finished video. 

Thanks for watching, Simon.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 87023Velocity said:

Not much modelling (actually none) has happened on Dallam over the past few months as attention has been focused outside during the summer months. I have usually managed 5 to 10 minutes operating though each evening. 

I was asked if Dallam could be included in the N Gauge Forum virtual exhibition, which I said yes!

The show was held over last weekend with demos, layouts, interviews and traders, well put together.

Here is the running session I compiled for the show, at 12 minutes long is the longest one I have done. To do 12 minutes of video took around 4-5 evenings during a week to get it done. Here is the finished video. 

Thanks for watching, Simon.

Superb compilation Simon, I saw it on YT first then just watched it again on here :D

Hopefully I’ll be able to see Dallam in the flesh in the near future…have you any (provisional) bookings this year or next?

Thanks,

Jack.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jack374 said:

Superb compilation Simon, I saw it on YT first then just watched it again on here :D

Hopefully I’ll be able to see Dallam in the flesh in the near future…have you any (provisional) bookings this year or next?

Thanks,

Jack.

Thanks Jack! :good:

Unfortunately Wigan 2021 was cancelled which was due to be Dallams next show. So fingers crossed, that will move to October 2022 and got an invite for Manchester December 2022. Also had an invite for DEMU but that may have moved out to 2023. 

Cheers

Simon

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1