87023Velocity

Dallam Sidings (Warrington) - N Gauge WCML 2001

The platforms and cabinets are a nice addition and that 142 respray looks brilliant on the layout. 

Cracking modeling as always. All the best for the show next weekend.

Dave

• Thanks 1

Great work Simon, can’t wait to see it in the flesh next weekend.

Jack.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments! Here is a clip of WN176 being tested. Certainly looks better already with the 2 signals lit. 

Cheers

Simon

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Grimly Feendish said:

The signal look very good, what make are they?

Thanks,

John.

They are CR Signal kits which have been modified with N brass parts and bits scratch built.

Cheers

Simon

Finally got the signal gantry wired up ready for Blackburn, needs a bit of weathering and some bits of detailing added but will do after the show. The left route indicator is lit as route set for goods loop and the other is lit for platform 1 at Warrington Bank Quay.

Cheers

Simon

IMG_20191106_084151979.jpg

• Like 17

That’s nice work mate. Looks good.

Rich

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 06/11/2019 at 18:43, MarshLane said:

That’s nice work mate. Looks good.

Rich

Thanks Rich, it certainly looks a lot better with working signals.

All set up at Blackburn, looks like it will be an excellent show. 

Cheers

Simon

IMG_20191108_194728824.jpg

• Like 19

It was great to see Dallam in the flesh today, it certainly captures the location perfectly. Simon was kept busy by the looks of it...not least by a few younger operators! Below are a few shots I managed during my brief walk around. Particularly like the 142 pair that were running (no pics unfortunately) and the new, exquisite colour light signals - superb!

IMG_2244PSs.jpg.308f3118d5d5b7e4015fb6ae9aea2ce2.jpg

IMG_2245PSs.jpg.68ccf733448a0be21fae9a18290ae274.jpg

IMG_2249PSs.jpg.302f7030f4cca894bb8c0b5d86065f82.jpg

IMG_2251PSs.jpg.e4157bf798904517e61cd7e3a993cfb2.jpg

IMG_2252PSs.jpg.84395ddb1116496a9ac3b8c61e66a050.jpg

Hopefully I can watch for a little longer tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 16

Thanks Jack, the pictures you did look great. Hopefully I will get over to your layout tomorrow rather than the quick passing visit whilst undertaking the tea/coffee run!

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

A couple of clips from the Blacburn show today, 56070 slowly approaches the signal as it changes to single yellow and route indicator for the goods loop at Warrington Bank Quay. 

A class 142,156,142 ECS heads south towards Warrington as the tail end of a North bound Virgin Cross Country passes.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 15

Hi Simon,

Great to meet up with you and your operating team today. Thanks for allowing a few Shirebrook locos to run on Dallam metals. Looking forward to the vids...

Cheers

Duncan and Janet

1 hour ago, Duncan. said:

Hi Simon,

Great to meet up with you and your operating team today. Thanks for allowing a few Shirebrook locos to run on Dallam metals. Looking forward to the vids...

Cheers

Duncan and Janet

Hi Duncan, it was a pleasure and big thanks for bringing them along, it was the topic of conversation between myself and Chris quite a bit today. Really looking forward to seeing Shirebrook in the flesh. I will start posting the videos from this morning. Dallam may well get back dated in the future.

Thanks again,

Simon

• Friendly/supportive 1

Well had a brilliant weekend at the Blackburn show, thanks for the invite and everything was well organised by the Blackburn team and their helpers.

Duncan from Shirebrook fame brought one of his loco stock boxes to the show this morning and a number of his locos (which are stunning btw) had a run on some of Dallams coal workings, will post some videos later.

To put the icing on the cake, Dallam won best n gauge in show and best layout in show. Thanks to everyone who voted, I am still in shock.

Big thanks to the operating team, Chris and Peter, its not just operating the layout, its loading the van, unloading etc, setting layout up etc, thanks guys.

Thanks again everyone.

Simon

IMG_20191110_152745547.jpg

Edited by 87023Velocity
  • Like 16

Well deserved Simon. You have worked hard on the layout recently.

Cheers

Duncan

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

A couple of quick videos with the Shirebrook locos making a guest appearance. Got quite a few videos, so may merge into one before uploading.

Thanks again Duncan.

Clip 1, Class 31, 31215 heads North on a short trip working from Arpley yard.

Class 56 and 20's pass on their coal workings.

Cheers 

• Like 10

Those last two videos are brilliant, my two favorite layouts to follow on the web in Dallam and Shirebrook combined, who could ask for more. Thanks for posting the video so those of us who don't live in the UK can still follow. Congratulations on the awards as well, very well deserved in my opinion. 

All the best

Dave

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks David! , another clip showing another working using a Shirebrook loco passing the sidings.

A large logo class 56 heads North past the sidings with a Cawoods working to Ellesmere Port.

At the opposite end, a class 40 heads towards Arpley sidings with an MGR working.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 10