Huddersfield MRC show at Holmfirth. 26/27 Oct. 2013

Judge Dread

Meopham East Junction will complete it's third exhibition in a month, next weekend. (If I don't blow my van up again!)

Although run by the Huddersfield MRC it should be noted that the show is in Holmfirth, at the Civic Hall in fact and information can be gained at their website http://www.huddsrailwaymodellers.co.uk/exhibitions.htm

See you there?

Good Lord, is it a year since the last show? That's my Saturday spoken for, then. Just about the easiest exhibition for me to get to; bus to Chapeltown station, train to Huddersfield, vintage bus to Holmfirth, with only a few hundred yards of the trip on foot. Rejoice, my poor old legs! Last years collection of layouts was worth seeing; this year's promise to be the same. Smoke me a kipper; I’ll be there for lunch!

I will now be doing a SCALE148 demo in the attic room on Saturday..so lots of fiddly little jobs, etc.

Not sure about Sunday yet, might be resorting to train operating?.. TBC

Hope the cake is up to its usual standards?

Cheers Mark

I will see you from the other end of the room

Went to this exhibition on Saturday afternoon and it was better than I thought it would be. A good choice of layouts were to be seen, many not seen before by my own eyes. I wonder which layout got the award for the best one as I personally voted for stand number 6, a lovely little N Gauge layout which both me & my Dad got talking to the owner a lot as my Dad wanted my home layout to be similar to his.

Sam

Meopham East Junction will complete it's third exhibition in a month, next weekend. (If I don't blow my van up again!)

Although run by the Huddersfield MRC it should be noted that the show is in Holmfirth, at the Civic Hall in fact and information can be gained at their website http://www.huddsrailwaymodellers.co.uk/exhibitions.htm

See you there?

On behalf of the Meopham team I wish to thank Ian and everyone from the Huddersfield club for a wonderful weekend. Everything fell into place and worked so well. I didn't blow my van up even though a part of the engine compartment under tray fell off as I backed into my garage to load up. Even the weather held off at those critical  times of unloading and packing away.

The couple of minor problems I had with layout were so minor that I have already fixed them. So ends the month of three shows in quick succession and now for the last one of 2013, Tolworth! See you there? :O  

Archived