G'Day Folks

More of an update on a loco, but I also want to Wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

The update is for my Last ? J3 (well for the moment) so far, the running plate boiler and cab are now all joined together, the chimney, dome and smokebox door have also been fitted, cab cutout as well.

manna

DSCF5567.JPG

DSCF5568.JPG

DSCF5569.JPG

• Like 13

• 1 month later...

G'day Folks

Thank You Shaun, sorry I hadn't realised you'd replied, shows you how often I check this thread....Opppps

Couple of loco pics on the layout.

First up, latest loco, a J4 4084, still a few bits to do, including the LNER on the tender, (to small) had it towing 28 wagons around the layout to-day, which is twice as many as it's allowed to haul.

Plus a shot of J3 3329.

manna

DSCF5643.JPG

DSCF5645.JPG

DSCF5646.JPG

DSCF5609.JPG

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, 31A said:

Good morning Terry, Happy New Year to you - good to see your layout again!

J4 looking good.

Have you built a new signal box, or did I miss that bit?

G'Day Steve

The signal box is very old (40 years at least) based on Cemetery box  near Southgate.

manna

• RMweb Premium
Just now, manna said:

G'Day Steve

The signal box is very old (40 years at least) based on Cemetery box  near Southgate.

manna

Oh sorry, I must have not noticed it before!

Thought it looked familiar.

G'day Folks

Fixed a few loco's and ran a few trains.

My Q1 has always had a bit of a problem with the the motor(XO4) kept jumping out of gear, so I spend some time on it, XO4 was removed and a 'Can' motor fitted, now it runs smoothly, but the worm gear, sticks out a bit !

The Midland 0-6-0 was given a run, but is a fraction to tall for one bridge, so a couple of mm, was removed from the chimney.

The ancient G1 was entrusted to a shunt job at the Jam Factory, and is seen here returning to East Goods yard, with a solitary Fruit van, ( Packed with Jam)

C12 is seen at 'The Hale' with a Push Pull train. + a N2 at Edgware.

manna

DSCF5650.JPG

DSCF5651.JPG

DSCF5655.JPG

DSCF5656.JPG

DSCF5657.JPG

DSCF5658.JPG

DSCF5648.JPG

DSCF5653.JPG

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

G'Day Folks

Another 'New' loco has finally taken to the tracks, B2,' Sir Sam Fay'. built from a GBL Director (lengthened) a old type Hornby 0-6-0 re-wheeled with Romfords, and a new chassis for the tender.

The Q1 has had a shroud fitted over the  bright blue worm gear, doesn't stick out so much  now.

manna

DSCF5664.JPG

DSCF5671.JPG

DSCF5673.JPG

DSCF5674.JPG

• Like 11

• 6 months later...

G'Day Folks

Sorry for no comments on the last set of pictures, for some reason, it only let me put up pictures. So to recap, we have double headed J3's ( bet you worked that out !) and a J4 on the 'Jam Factory ' working, but did you notice the wheat hopper, in the make up, been a BIG, change at the 'Jam Factory' they are going into the 'Biscuit' business, so the need for Wheat, they'll also need Sugar, more wagons!

Today it's having a look around the goods yard at Edgware.

C1, 3299 on a local passenger train.

At the bufferstops.

Lastly, 'What's been hiding in the Goods shed for 20 years' needs a new proper tender, and some paint on the bogie wheels.

manna

DSCF5831.jpg

DSCF5833.jpg

DSCF5834.jpg

DSCF5835.jpg

DSCF5840.jpg

DSCF5841.jpg

DSCF5837.jpg

DSCF5838.jpg

• Like 10

G'Day Folks

Victor Wild gets a run today.

First up, passing Mill Hills goods yard x2

Slowly passing Edgware. Just noticed the 'Gold' LNER on the tender, need to cover that with a set of decent transfers.

manna

DSCF5866.jpg

DSCF5865.jpg

DSCF5854.jpg

DSCF5857.jpg

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

G'Day Folks

The day had to come, with a rail hating wife, Edgware is now closed. The stock has been packed away, the workbench to has been shutdown and demolition will start shortly, I'm not saying this is the end of my modelling life, I won't be closing this thread, it may well reopen again in a year or two, once the opposition has been dealt with !

Also I will still be around, although in a reduced capacity.

manna

DSCF5892.jpg

DSCF5893.jpg

DSCF5894.jpg

DSCF5895.jpg

DSCF5896.jpg

DSCF5897.jpg

DSCF5898.jpg

DSCF5899.jpg

DSCF5900.jpg

DSCF5901.jpg

• Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Oh no!  Very sorry to hear that!  I've enjoyed reading all your stuff about Edgware.  I hope you are able to find a solution and soon be back to entertain us, in the meantime I look forward to hearing from you on other threads, including mine as and when I get around to updating it.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

I am sorry to hear of the closure and of the implied tension.  I have very much enjoyed reading your Edgware thread and your contributions on this and other forums so a big thank-you, and I hope your circumstances improve and you will be able to return to layout building.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Horrified that you've had to shut down. As 2750 has said the surrounding atmosphere must be inferred to be horrid. I hope that improves to everyone's benefit.

The pic of the pair of N2s had me reflecting that I saw one in my early yoof, somewhere near Highbury football stadium. I had a Dublo N2, so I knew what it was.

I sincerely hope domestic fences can mend and Edgware will rise again soonest. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Also sad to hear your news.  I’ve enjoyed following and hearing your stories of BR days (a little before my time, but not much).

Hoping that life improves too.

Paul.

Edited by 5BarVT
Finger trouble
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1