Alton Febex

Claude_Dreyfus

• RMweb Premium

It's nearly time for the 2010 Alton Febex - held at the Eggars School, Alton on 6th and 7th February.

http://www.altonmrg....bex2010-lineup/

Opening times are 10:30 - 5:00 both days, and there is a good variety of layouts on show.

A number of these layouts are featured on here including Leaford, East Hants light Railway, Wallace and Gromit's Shunt-o-matic and Lynnbottom. In addition our club's Japanese layout, Yamanouchi Oshika, will be attending, however in the guise of the layout Cote-le-Stone (long story covered off on the Liphook & District blog on this forum).

Anyone else attending, or even exhibiting from here?

• 2 weeks later...

Can't make it this year as I'm locked up with the trainset in the Alresford goods shed for the MidHants freight weekend. :( Have a good one.

Ah, so they've rescheduled it for then? That's a b****r cos we were going to ask you to help us run our 4 layouts here, and now we'll miss seeing Cramdin Yard as well. Hey Ho! Have a good weekend!

• RMweb Premium

Ah, so they've rescheduled it for then? That's a b****r cos we were going to ask you to help us run our 4 layouts here, and now we'll miss seeing Cramdin Yard as well. Hey Ho! Have a good weekend!

It's an unfortunate bit of scheduling. Four layouts! That's a bit greedy. I would happily have helped out but there ya go. You can always catch Cramdin at Basingstoke in March. Extra hands to play trains are always welcome. :)

Cheers

Dave

I guess it might be helpful to know which day I am likely to appear at John? I'll try and find out!

we like surprises ....

Are East Hants Lt Rly, Lynnbottom and Cote-le-stone and W&G all located together/ near each other?

No! Cote-le-Stone is in a world of its own, thus precluding the use of wireless DCC on it when we will be using it on EHLR! (It's been confirmed we're out of line of sight!)

Looking forward to seeing you during the weekend! (BTW - Alton town centre's only about 10mins walk away!)

BTW, the railwa\y modeller will probably remain at FEBEX whilst his providers of transport head into town!

Nah, all that mystery and exploration is far too tempting ... besides IMO the trade at FEBEX is a little light for my liking. I'm still trying to rearrange the diary to pop over for an hour or so.

I'll be popping over on saturday. You will probably spot me as the tired looking dad with 2 small and excitable boys. ;) I am also trying to get some Precision paints, anyone know if there will be anyone stocking them at Alton?

• RMweb Premium

That's beginning to sound like a cry of desperation biggrin.gif

I'll have to add me too to the list of appeals ..... my ever helpful and willing senior operator can't be there Saturday, and is very doubtful for Sunday, icon_eek.gif so I'm on my own - and I'm the junior operator! icon_e_confused.gif

See you there...icon_thumbsup2.gif

Dave

That's beginning to sound like a cry of desperation :D

We're a desperate, lonely bunch in Liphook! :icon_lol:

I'll have to add me too to the list of appeals ..... my ever helpful and willing senior operator can't be there Saturday, and is very doubtful for Sunday, icon_eek.gif so I'm on my own - and I'm the junior operator! icon_e_confused.gif

Which layout? Anywhere near the entrance?

• RMweb Premium

Which layout? Anywhere near the entrance?

I'm in the mountains tongue.gif look for the rack railway...................no idea where that is on the plan at the venue until I get there!

Dave

Archived