North East Model Railway (Trenholme Junction)

dougattrenholmebar

Trenholme Junction is a OO gauge layout and is intended to be viewed from the inside out. The layout was built in order to create a video archive depicting the operation of  a main line working railway in the 1960's and viewed from the perspective I saw it from when I was a child, nine years old. The trackage follows the principles of the area (North East England) around the heavily industrialised town of Middlesbrough. Much of the rolling stock (all of the period) is correct for the area, but modellers licence allows me to have some locomotives which probably never came to the area.

The stations are deliberately unnamed and represent the typical stations from around the area. I am not a rivet counter and do take some liberties but judging by the many comments received I think many agree with me the layout does re-create the look and feel of the time.  

The YouTube channel now has over 150 videos and new ones are added each Sunday morning at 8:30 (UK) time. Please feel free to view them and make comments if you wish.

Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube....gattrenholmebar
Blog has articles which describe the building of the layout (read oldest first to put in order) and answers questions arising from the Youtube videos
http://dougattrenhol...blogspot.co.uk/
Facebook page has additional information and links and has monochrome versions of some of the videos.
https://www.facebook...693341277346269

The latest videos:-

Both the same, first is a monochrome version of the second which is in colour

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Some great videos. I know this type of model railway won't appeal to all RMWeb folk but it is truly impressive work and looks like a lot of fun to operate. The video from behind the driver of the DMU brings back so many childhood memories.

Thanks for posting them and I hope that lots of people will take a look.

PS: Is it all one person's work or are there a group of you?

Some great videos. I know this type of model railway won't appeal to all RMWeb folk but it is truly impressive work and looks like a lot of fun to operate. The video from behind the driver of the DMU brings back so many childhood memories.

Thanks for posting them and I hope that lots of people will take a look.

PS: Is it all one person's work or are there a group of you?

Thank you for your comments and its just me.

Very nice.

I think every layout is better viewed from eye level, this works very well.

The editing is well done, I liked the loco change sequence, and the DMU rides.

The way you have made up your freight trains is pretty realistic, the views passing the main yard remind me of times past.

cheers

Great Vids Doug - Always a pleasure to watch.

Thank you for your comments

Very nice.

I think every layout is better viewed from eye level, this works very well.

The editing is well done, I liked the loco change sequence, and the DMU rides.

The way you have made up your freight trains is pretty realistic, the views passing the main yard remind me of times past.

cheers

Thank you for your comments