Steam locomotive dimensions please

Londontram

Can anyone please give me the dimensions of the SECR/SR C CLASS 0-6-0 tender locomotive ie wheel size, axle spacing, boiler width. boiler height from rail level, over all length, height etc. Thanks Steve

Edited by Londontram

Can anyone please give me the dimensions of the SECR/SR C CLASS 0-6-0 tender locomotive ie wheel size, axle spacing, boiler width. boiler height from rail level, over all length, height etc. Thanks Steve

Wheel diam 5' 2"; wheelbase 8' x 8' 6"; boiler diam 4' 5¾"; Bradley doesn't quote boiler height or overall length. Height over chimney was initially 13' 1½", a replacement chimney from 1914 reduced height to 12' 6½", removal of the capuchon reduced the overall height to 12' 5".

Details from the Locomotive History of the South Eastern & Chatham Railway by Don Bradley.

Bill

• RMweb Premium

Well it's close to a Barney: Boiler 4'6" diameter, pitch 7'3". Coupled wheels 5', wheelbase 7'6" + 9'. Height over chimney 13'

The wheelbase is the worse thing, but hay who'd know?

Andy G

• 5 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have looked closely at the pictures again, and it is the front end that needs changing.  The B2 had wing plates and what I call a 'Victorian' smoke box door, in other words it was smaller and had a bigger surround.  I would have to deal with that.  The sandbox was over the front splasher as well..  I think if I did that it might pass.