8' x 16" O Gauge shunting layout

Biggsy

I'm new to this forum and have been inspired by some of the O gauge shunting layouts, so I thought i'd have a go myself.

I've attached a basic trackplan to which I'd like some constructive criticism

I envision the empty beer wagons delivered to the central siding, the coal to the bottom. The Brewery engine from the engine shed then picks up the beer wagons and moves them to the top, then the whole thing goes in reverse etc... as a basic operational idea

One thing I know I'll have to check is the exact lengths of the sidings etc... which I'll do once the first wagon kits arrive 

post-20681-0-44823600-1382997424_thumb.jpg

You've got the makings of a good layout there Biggsy. What you've got there is an Inglenook layout that is used as a shunting game. Operationally, it's perfect and it will provide you many hours of shunting enjoyment!

Have a look at http://www.wymann.info/ShuntingPuzzles/sw-inglenook.html 

All the best and good luck! 

Sam.

I'm new to this forum and have been inspired by some of the O gauge shunting layouts, so I thought i'd have a go myself.

I've attached a basic trackplan to which I'd like some constructive criticism

I envision the empty beer wagons delivered to the central siding, the coal to the bottom. The Brewery engine from the engine shed then picks up the beer wagons and moves them to the top, then the whole thing goes in reverse etc... as a basic operational idea

One thing I know I'll have to check is the exact lengths of the sidings etc... which I'll do once the first wagon kits arrive 

Me new too, similarly inspired as I have little space and a newly acquired weathered Ixion Hudswell-Clarke 0-6-0ST.    Particularly pleased to see the track plan usefully bears Peco part numbers, as their O gauge set-track appeals to me. 

Archived