DEMU Showcase 2014, Burton upon Trent, 31 May & 1 June 2014

Revolution Mike

• RMweb Gold

Matt and I really enjoyed our first DEMU show, so thanks to the Mike and all his team for a great weekend and to all those people who made so many nice comments about the layout.

PS Clive I totally agree Brighton does not photograph particularly well, though perhaps its me!

I made my first visit to the DEMU show case on Saturday.

I am a committed steam enthusiast with an interest in industrial diesels.

I enjoyed looking at the good selection of quality layouts.

My two favourites were Oldshaw and Outwell village.

Black Country Blues was impressive, with some  good modelling, although I am not sure I liked the back scene print.

It was nice to hear the sound systems were turned down so were not intrusive, but added to the atmosphere when viewing the layouts so fitted.

Gordon A

Bristol

Hello all,

I just wanted to say thanks on behalf of the Horseley Fields team for all the kind comments and encouragement this weekend.  We had a great time and I really enjoyed spending time looking at the other layouts when I was able to get away.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben , great layout but i still want to know how the NR transits got into that yard.......................only joking :-)

• RMweb Premium

Hello all.

Not posted on here for quite sometime, but just want to say after visiting DEMU yesterday with a couple of friends, what a great time we all had. Very enjoyable show with some fantastic layouts and good food. Certainly good value for money in my opinion. I would rather pay a little more and know what I'm going to get rather than take a gamble at some 'other shows' and walk away disappointed (like I have done with a few past shows) Never been disappointed with a DEMU Ex, and at £8.00 I thought it was sound. Now, if I had got round to renewing my membership, it would of only been £5.00! Never mind....

Layout wise, after seeing Law Jc quite a few times at exhibitions also this being one of my favourites for some time, Tullygarth got my vote yesterday. For the era chosen and locos used for that particular time (up the middle as an old bashers term used) I thought yes, I like it. Very good layout indeed. We'll done guys.

Was nice to see Brighton East in the flesh also Horsley fields...Both lovely layouts. Llwydd Town is also another old time favourite of mine, and some time was spent viewing here. Great trade line up, didn't buy a lot, but did make a start with getting a few lengths of track from C&L as I am planning a small 4mm end to end DCC TMD.

Was great having a chat with Tim Horn, and seeing his laser cut baseboards in the flesh, as I currently have an order placed for some. Fantastic quality and the new buildings that will be available soon are just out of this world. Also thank you to Ian from Legomanbiffo for the demo of the Class 37 sound. I shall be in touch...

So yes, all in all another fantastic show from the DEMU.

Cheers all, Anthony.

Matt and I really enjoyed our first DEMU show, so thanks to the Mike and all his team for a great weekend and to all those people who made so many nice comments about the layout.

PS Clive I totally agree Brighton does not photograph particularly well, though perhaps its me!

It was mentioned to me before we went by Andy P that the lighting here is not the best. And I personally think lighting is very important. I took a number of pictures of your layout, and although they are not particularly good photographs they still highlight a number of details that I found of interest on your layout. 

I had problems fighting the layouts own lights, but this was a general problem with many of the layouts, but of course, this made it easier to see the layouts with the naked eye. You can't get everything  unfortunately. Most people want to see them layouts to their advantage. In the flesh as it were The darker lighting did help you see the layouts more clearly.  I was most impressed with your layout, and as I mentioned at the time several features including the buddleja were really well modelled. Having looked at your thread for the first time today I was always impressed by how much of your reference material has been incorporated into the layout. And I daresay in the right natural sunlight, at the right time of day, and with the right angle you can get some fantastic pictures. 

I know from experience on our own layout, there opportunities are rare, when all the lighting aspects fall just right. i prefer early morning or dusk with natural sunlight coming in through the velux windows allowing for atmospheric photographs, an still rarely manage to have the right amount of light hitting those veluxs at the right angle with the right amount of intensity to get a good picture, and I treasure every chance I get to take advantage.

Hello All

I visited Showcase for the first time in about 3 years.  Luckily enough my brother-in-law drove me on Sunday.  We spent a couple of hours looking round another GREAT show put on by the DEMU team, then we went off to the National Brewery Centre for a Carvery roast beef and a pint of ale in the Brewery Tap restaurant.

Here are some photos that I took:

First we have Brighton East

post-7053-0-82776700-1401707507_thumb.jpg

post-7053-0-08269100-1401707525_thumb.jpg

post-7053-0-54896600-1401707540_thumb.jpg

Then we have Glenuig, great sound of the 26.

post-7053-0-54727100-1401707579_thumb.jpg

Followed by Black Country Blues, love how you know the back scene is there, but does not draw you eyes away from the trains.

post-7053-0-45175100-1401707620_thumb.jpg

post-7053-0-65158400-1401707636_thumb.jpg

post-7053-0-96950400-1401707653_thumb.jpg

Here we have Dubmill Sidings, looking forward when Dapol bring out there O gauge 08.

post-7053-0-37058000-1401707704_thumb.jpg

post-7053-0-35380900-1401707721_thumb.jpg

Then Llwydd Town, always nice to chat to George

post-7053-0-03476900-1401707788_thumb.jpg

Here we have my favourite of the show Tullygrath

post-7053-0-42024000-1401707821_thumb.jpg

Then New Bryford

post-7053-0-54897100-1401707842_thumb.jpg

Smaller than you think Oldshaw

post-7053-0-23990900-1401707864_thumb.jpg

Plus to finish off Outwell Village

post-7053-0-95703500-1401707901_thumb.jpg

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

• RMweb Gold

I went up from London as well (OK, I had to!) and it was 2h30-ish up and not much over 2 hours on the way back.  The train (depending on connections) is around the same and has the beauty of stepping off the train and a very short walk to the Town Hall.

Cheers, Mike

Just catching up after the hetic weekend at DEMU with our layout Dubmill Sidings. We had a great weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the whole occassion.Thank you so much for all the nice comments. A big well done and thank you to the organisers.

We really thought this was a cracking O Gauge layout.....well done to all involved.........if you had a couple of sound fitted locos, that would be the icing on the cake.

Excellent..!!!

Bob.

Another Great showcase.

Thank you to Mike Guy and all the DEMU team.

Looking forward to next year!

Alan and Maggie (Oldshaw)

Great to see both Alan and Maggie yesterday. Oldshaw is a fantastic layout too. Had a good chin wag with Alan. Looking forward to things to come. See you both soon!

Hello All

I visited Showcase for the first time in about 3 years.  Luckily enough my brother-in-law drove me on Sunday.  We spent a couple of hours looking round another GREAT show put on by the DEMU team, then we went off to the National Brewery Centre for a Carvery roast beef and a pint of ale in the Brewery Tap restaurant.

Here are some photos that I took:

First we have Brighton East

attachicon.gifP6010002a.jpg

attachicon.gifP6010004a.jpg

attachicon.gifP6010006a.jpg

Then we have Glenuig, great sound of the 26.

attachicon.gifP6010012a.jpg

Followed by Black Country Blues, love how you know the back scene is there, but does not draw you eyes away from the trains.

attachicon.gifP6010014a.jpg

attachicon.gifP6010020a.jpg

attachicon.gifP6010023a.jpg

Here we have Dubmill Sidings, looking forward when Dapol bring out there O gauge 08.

attachicon.gifP6010028a.jpg

attachicon.gifP6010031a.jpg

Then Llwydd Town, always nice to chat to George

attachicon.gifP6010035a.jpg

Here we have my favourite of the show Tullygrath

attachicon.gifP6010037a.jpg

Then New Bryford

attachicon.gifP6010044a.jpg

Smaller than you think Oldshaw

attachicon.gifP6010054a.jpg

Plus to finish off Outwell Village

attachicon.gifP6010057a.jpg

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

Very good photos there Ant, but none of the N Gauge layouts there :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:

Not into N Gauge then ?? :blum: ;)   :blum:  ;)

regards

Neal.

P.S. Same comments to black and decker boy.........

• RMweb Premium

Very good photos there Ant, but none of the N Gauge layouts there :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:

Not into N Gauge then ?? :blum: ;)   :blum:  ;)

regards

Neal.

P.S. Same comments to black and decker boy.........

Would that be a problem?

We photograph and post what we want, don't we?

Andy

So as not to disappoint (too much). I like all scales and will have video footage of Horseley Fields later in the week when processed. I have previously done Law Junction which is superb. No scale-ism here, move along now :-)

Horseley Fields

Outwell Village (yes its 4mm but I found this shot at the end of my card)

post-7035-0-47419100-1401744569_thumb.jpg

post-7035-0-17236200-1401744692_thumb.jpg

post-7035-0-34336000-1401744693_thumb.jpg

Would that be a problem?

We photograph and post what we want, don't we?

Andy

Oh for goodness sake, it was meant as a sarky comment, hence the smilies and winks.

At least black and decker boy realised that........

Regards

Neal.

Archived