Complete list of Hymek Liveries

chris newman

• RMweb Gold

Don't hold back Mike, say what you really think!

It looked even worse on that particular example when the blue started falling off in great chunks...

Nidge I remember the first one I saw in that awful all-over blue - in fact it looked so bad it would be difficult to forget it.  Quite how something progressed from a carefully designed livery which suited its form to that mess is still beyond my understanding - it was BR at rock bottom I my view.  No small wonder that I have always considered the BR blue livery period to be one of the worst things that ever happened to the post 1948 railway, privytisation included.

I think if I'd been born in 1945 rather than 1965 I'd probably agree with you Mike, but having 'grown up' with rail blue I've always had a soft spot for it. The original green livery was bang on though for the Hymeks, it really did (and still does) suit the compact body styling very well indeed.

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've updated my livery list earlier in this thread.

Two months ago a lovely image of D7094 in green full yellow livery at Cardiff was uploaded to Pinterest - it can be seen by googling Hymek D7094. First image I've seen in this livery, and Mr Stovepipe was right.

Neil

• RMweb Gold

I made a list of Hymek liveries some time ago, though I didn't keep a note of the picture references then.

BSYP with white windows - D7041

I've found your probable source for this Stovepipe

http://www.rail-online.co.uk/p870200504/h290BA4C4#h121386f

I'm certain this photo has been mislabelled, it's almost certainly D7051 with blue window surrounds. As far as I know D7041 never had BSYP livery.

Neil

Edited by Downendian

• RMweb Gold

Yes that is probably the one. Have you added a comment to Rail-Online? I've made a few in the past on this site and others, and they are usually grateful for errors to be corrected. Nice to see you tracked D7094 in GFYE down!

Edited by stovepipe
  • Like 1

I've updated my livery list earlier in this thread.

Two months ago a lovely image of D7094 in green full yellow livery at Cardiff was uploaded to Pinterest - it can be seen by googling Hymek D7094. First image I've seen in this livery, and Mr Stovepipe was right.

Neil

Seems that photo has been taken down.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Neil,

There are three shots on the railphotoprints website which imply D7010 was withdrawn in BSYP and never made it to BFYE. (Search 7010 and ignore the pictures of Avondale Castle). Unfortunately the number isn't visible in any of them.

Regards

Mike

Thanks Downendian!

Always liked Hymeks in green, blue seemed drab.

As for maroon...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/1256926840/gallery_6731_93_294474.jpg

Personally, I liked the green livery best, but the blue syp plus white cab windows also looked good. Without the white it looked dire!

At risk of hijacking the thread, I did post a pic elsewhere of a might-have-been maroon livery I did to a refurbished and modified Triang-Hornby model. I hope no one objects to my repeating it here, just for a bit of fun.

23-09-12MaroonHymekinServiceonDCC-croppe

I have a Heljan model of D7007 in blue syp with white in transit from eBay. It looks like I will be renumbering slightly to correct that as it appears from the list that D7007 was in the plain blue syp.

Many thanks to Neil (Downendian) and stovepipe for posting their very useful lists of Hymek liveries.

Edited by SRman

• RMweb Gold

Hello Neil,

There are three shots on the railphotoprints website which imply D7010 was withdrawn in BSYP and never made it to BFYE. (Search 7010 and ignore the pictures of Avondale Castle). Unfortunately the number isn't visible in any of them.

Regards

Mike

Thanks Mike, Indeed a number of images are on Flickr of D7010 at Swindon, and I've never seen them before (Brushveteran's how did I miss them?), e.g.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/59835095@N02/6266051922/in/set-72157627818516287

so I'll amend the master list. I've searched many times before for graveyard shots of D7010 to no avail so puzzled how I missed them.

Neil

Edited by Downendian

Ah, I looked through the other shots to see if I could find out what it was, but somehow missed that one! Thanks!

I notice in the first shot that it has a blue TOPS panel. Were any withdrawn without receiving that?

• 1 year later...