The North Cornwall line in 2mm Finescale

queensquare

• RMweb Premium

Jerry, you have a PM...

That's a bit like sending a text to say "I just sent you my email". Worse, when IT Support sends you an email to confirm a fault report when your email isn't working...

• RMweb Premium

That's a bit like sending a text to say "I just sent you my email". Worse, when IT Support sends you an email to confirm a fault report when your email isn't working...

I've found in the past folk don't always see or notice the red message envelop...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

. And Jerry notes John is making his own point motors......

Yes he does. Many years ago he bought a box of cheap motors from Proops (remember them!) for about 20p each. All the current point motors are made with these using threaded bar, a moving nut and home made wiper switches, not dissimilar to a Fulgerex motor but much cheaper and quieter. These motors have now run out so John has come up with a new design for the extension based on a cheap geared motor from Squires. I will try to remember to take a couple of pictures when I'm down in a couple of weeks.

Jerry

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Quick heads up before I jump in the car to head west. We are taking the entire Wenford branch to the Wadebridge show in Wadebridge school, Gonvena Hill, Wadebridge PL27 6BU tomorow, Saturday 17th. Do come along and say hello if you are in the area - pictures sometime next week!

Jerry

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Marvellous. I saw the layout at the (a?) Wadebridge show in 2016 and was impressed but this part was not there. One day I hope I will be able to see the whole creation.

I must say that cake is an essential ingredient of all great model railways! :-)

The entire North Cornwall empire is going to RailWells next year, including Padstow - fingers crossed!

Jerry

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

That'll take up a fair bit of space then?

David

Chris Challis is very keen. We measured it up at Wells this year and it will fit between the pillars in the main hall downstairs - just!!

What we haven't sorted yet is the logistics of getting it all up to Somerset and operating the entire system in public. - and building Padstow of course! Still we have ten months:-))

Jerry

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks Phil, I too only took a handful of pictures but I will add them once this hectic week is out of the way. As you say, another great weekend away with the North Cornwall posse!

Jerry

I'm gutted I couldn't make the Farnham show this year. Looks & sounds like you had a great time though. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to operate Wadebridge again though at some point in the future. 

Tom.  

• 6 months later...

A promising start Jerry and with a squint I can almost see the finished article. There's always something about introducing a bridge that appeals to me, especially seeing the locos passing over the one above. I do like the Prarie ( but then I would wouldn't I ! ).

Not too sure about the alien space craft with the long legs in the 6th and 7th photos though ? :))

G