Rapido Trains UK Release

Guest CPRAIL3000

All this talk of threes. So is it third rail? As in 3-rail. As in Hornby-Dublo, who made a model of the Metro-Vick Co-Bo which, elsewhere, Jason was in raptures about having 'discovered'. He likes the H-D version but not so keen on the Heljan........so maybe its a new Class 28 with a cast mazak body? Or maybe not?

• RMweb Gold

but can not be scaned which is what they are doing on the day

It's what they say they are doing - Jason is a right one for red & pink herrings (have Locomotion got an original drawings, drawings can be scanned too I would think?)

I wonder what will be in the gift bags I think they've mentioned somewhere. 

Anybody take note of the GNR C2 Atlantic that is now back at Shildon?

I would be amazed if they chose this: Bachmann's Atlantic is already announced, and Rapido apparently stated they would not produce a steam loco.

Sorry...

Paul

I would be amazed if they chose this: Bachmann's Atlantic is already announced, and Rapido apparently stated they would not produce a steam loco.

We said no such thing..... 

... Other things it isn't: a steam locomotive of any kind (confirmed by Rapido) ... All will be revealed on June 24th!

It's one thing to tease us, another to apparently tell us big fat fibs - or were you trying to make the new Managing Editor of BRM look like a fool?

That might be the sign of a very, er, audacious PR strategy!

Paul

PS: But if steam is an option, I'd like a shiny new V2, please, so we can forget about Bachmann's warmed-over nonsense.

Oh, now a Veetoo from a new source would be tasty...  One of the very few adequate RTR gaps in my absolute essentials list.  

EDIT: adequate RTR - artificial category (laughable even).  It's mine and I'll defend it!

A kettle from rapido, that would be fun. With the level of detail they do, it would be fun to see the inside working motion. If it was the right prototype, I could see lots of people buying one just to watch em crawling round.

Well the excitement certainly seams to be building to what I anticipate will be a crescendo before the announcement. Very savvy marketing.

Would love to see the Sterling Single, but I have a feeling it might be either HST Prototype or APT-E both of which I would be delighted with.

Who knows, we may all be surprised with more than one announcement (now wouldn't that be something)!

Lets wait and see, I am sure there will be a lot of happy modellers whatever is announced.

I cant help thinking it'll be an HST having seen from the blog how much they love them. But I'd struggle to see it being worth their while trying to top the Hornby HST power cars so perhaps Prototype HST power cars and Mark 3 coaches

or possibly royal train coaches - that could fit a hi-detail, hi-spec description more than an everyday train type

Would love to see the Sterling Single, but I have a feeling it might be either HST Prototype or APT-E both of which I would be delighted with.

The "Sterling" single would not be useable in Scotland after independence, so not a good idea. ;)

The Stirling Single would though be an excellent choice.

So after long thought, and checking the list on Wikipedia (there was my first mistake) I think this will be an 03. Stationmaster says it has a 3 in it, and it seems to be the only diesel at Shildon.

Yes I do realize that the 03 has already been done, first by Mainline and then Bachmann.

My money would be on the APT-E or the prototype HST. If they did the HST they could also produce the Mk3's, which would allow them to do other liveries.

There you go Stationmaster, a class 43 and Mk3's.

• RMweb Gold

So after long thought, and checking the list on Wikipedia (there was my first mistake) I think this will be an 03. Stationmaster says it has a 3 in it, and it seems to be the only diesel at Shildon.

Yes I do realize that the 03 has already been done, first by Mainline and then Bachmann.

My money would be on the APT-E or the prototype HST. If they did the HST they could also produce the Mk3's, which would allow them to do other liveries.

There you go Stationmaster, a class 43 and Mk3's.

That's the way - there are of course numerous ways to get to 3 (or 6) and you might well be right in the route you have taken but I can neither confirm nor deny that it is the route which I have taken.

Archived