Rapido Trains UK Release

Guest CPRAIL3000

Finally, Bill and I head to the UK next month to scope out a neat little British train we really want to make - in OO gauge, no less! (Get your strange UK train horns out - beep-BOOP!) But that's another story.

I like this guessing game :jester:

Does 'check out' mean that they are going to look at a real example? Which narrows it down to something that still exists (so not the Fell!).

And is 'neat little' just a colloquialism, or is the prototype small?

Guest CPRAIL3000

Quite interesting this as I've been asked to quote for a Canadian Loco!

Oh? I don't suppose you could tell us a little more, like which company it was built for or the era? steam or diesel? Please? Eventually?

Cheers,

David

What a bath tub full of froth this thread is!

Very entertaining.

Finally, Bill and I head to the UK next month to scope out a neat little British train we really want to make - in OO gauge, no less! (Get your strange UK train horns out - beep-BOOP!) But that's another story. [/size]

Can we extrapolate that the reference to two tone horns implies something other than a water boiler?

Rapido makes very nice detailed models of "modern image", ummm "diesel and electric", ummm "traction", ummm whatever it is that fans of things that don't boil water for propulsion call their preferred model subjects. It will be interesting to watch this space.

It was a good ride - I still have my boarding pass! (Day trip to Preston)

I did that ride too. The Royal Scot relief they called it. I wonder if the two guys who asked me to swap seats so that they could see the mile posts are members here.

With stop watches, calculator and note pad they informed us in the leading vehicle that we did Tring cutting at 132mph. 

I was sitting opposite a gentleman returning to Glasgow who was generous with his McEwans. I reciprocated. First time I ever stood in a buffet car trying to compensate for that degree of tilt....Honest!

RP

Archived