Sweethome Alabama

Aye, so pleased he got an award for best scenic layout. Must be a first for a British based American layout at a British exhibition?

Best, Pete.

Probably not, American narrow gauge layouts with big scenery seem to be especially popular. I'm more surprised that a show still has competitions...

• RMweb Gold

Quite a f

Probably not, American narrow gauge layouts with big scenery seem to be especially popular. I'm more surprised that a show still has competitions...

Quite a few shows still do hold competitons for best layout etc.

Oddly enough, out of all the hundreds of shows we have done over the years I have won two awards, both were with Fort Myers!

Ian

Excellent photos, thanks.  Plenty of scenic inspiration on show there!

And what's this about no competitions?  I don't think I've been to a show that hasn't had competitions of some sort or another.  Wakefield certainly has.

Our US layout 'Menasha' has won plenty of awards as well.

• 4 months later...

Is SH Chicago retired now?

Just about my alltime favourite layout.

As far as i know SH Chicago has only one outing this year,at my local show Workington in November,think there were a couple of inquires,(Glasgow was mention) but don't know if anything come of them?

Jon would be the man with the answers, but as he's another one who's fell by the wayside and dosen't frequent this forum very much (if at all),i'll ask him for any up dates and post them after the weekend.

Ray

Will be along for a look on my breaks from RS Tower

(we do get breaks Martyn?)

You get a guaranteed break of at least 12 hours at the end of each day, as per FRA requirements. :jester:

Seriously - looking forward to seeing this one in person also!

• RMweb Gold

As far as i know SH Chicago has only one outing this year,at my local show Workington in November,think there were a couple of inquires,(Glasgow was mention) but don't know if anything come of them?

Jon would be the man with the answers, but as he's another one who's fell by the wayside and dosen't frequent this forum very much (if at all),i'll ask him for any up dates and post them after the weekend.

Ray

Thanks Ray.

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just to let you know,Sweethome Chicago is at Hartlepool exhibition this weekend,i'll be there helping out,if your in the north east call in and say hello!!!!!!

Ray

p.s one of only 2 shows this year, the other one is Workington in November.

Thanks for the info....unfortunately I'm right down at the bottom so a bit too far.

Archived