Dutch liveried 33 question

Ressaldar

I am considering the livery for a newly acquired O Gauge Heljan 33 and am coming down heavily on a 'Dutch' version, with 33026 being favourite. My researching has thrown up variations on the cab roof colour - either light grey or dark grey/black when the loco is fitted with the NRN aerial pack - am I correct with my assumption.

cheers

Mike

The official colour for the roof was Railfreight Grey; same as the bodysides and as far as I know there was no change to this and certainly not relating to the fitting of roof pods.

When it was first done the roof did seem to have a glossier finish than the boysides which made is look a litlle lighter; this may be due to the bodyside panels being buckled, dented etc. where the roof was less affected by "battle scars".

However, the roof quickly became dirty matt grey/black.

There are planty of shots of it on Flickr which show various roof colurings as it got progressively more work stained.

Good choice by the way :good: 

Hi Wirey33,

many thanks for your response.

I tend to agree with you regarding the 'weathering' aspect, I have been trawling through a number of websites and the cab roof colour changes considerably. There are a couple of shots of 33026 withdrawn at Eastleigh where the cab roof has been 'washed' by the rain back to the light grey - if proof were ever needed.

The arrows and depot plaques arrived today, so it is just the speaker to come, so battle with the airbrush should be commencing shortly.

regards

Mike

Archived