• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Another variation on the "paint yer Fowler" theme...

post-10340-0-59386400-1420229626_thumb.jpg

post-10340-0-73698200-1420229694_thumb.jpg

Needs red rods, various detailing bits reattached and so on- and grimeification.

It was supposed to be red, but the rattle can (Tamiya) I picked up turned out to be metallic (luckily I did a test piece- does anyone want a sparkly Triang- Hornby Toad?) so decided to go for something completely different :scratchhead:

I do wish I'd got one with the EDM sound project though...

• Like 2

Another variation on the "paint yer Fowler" theme...

attachicon.gif20150102_145624.jpg

attachicon.gif20150102_145615.jpg

Needs red rods, various detailing bits reattached and so on- and grimeification.

It was supposed to be red, but the rattle can (Tamiya) I picked up turned out to be metallic (luckily I did a test piece- does anyone want a sparkly Triang- Hornby Toad?) so decided to go for something completely different :scratchhead:

I do wish I'd got one with the EDM sound project though...

A nice variation. The factory background is very impressive and the Fowler looks perfectly at home.

Yes I had the sound module added by Paul of EDM, works a treat it does in adding some more life to my rail scene.

However it does rather get in the way of making more progress with my build as I enjoy starting tooting my horn and shunting up and down my 2mtrs of test track. :sungum: :locomotive: :scratchhead:

You know you want one so start saving.

Regards

You  have  hit  the  nail  on  the  head,  sound  causes  delays!

I am exactly  the  same, whether    indoors  or  on an outdoor  line,  the  sound  locos  certainly  make  for  less progress on  the  railway!

If  I am  attempting  to  'get on with  something'  I switch the  sound  off! that seems  to  work

A nice variation. The factory background is very impressive and the Fowler looks perfectly at home.

I can't take any credit for the layout- it's Dave ("Ruston")'s handiwork. But the Fowler could have been made for it. I think it was Dave that suggested the Fowler in the "what would you like next from Ixion" thread so that's probably not surprising!

When I bought it the cunning plan was to then save up for the EDM sound project at a later date, but since Paul's illness he has understandably stopped offering it on non- EDM purchased models so short of buying another one I think I've missed out! The stay alive would have come in useful as well I suspect, although I'm very impressed with it's running with an out of the box cheapo Hornby decoder.

• RMweb Gold

I can't take any credit for the layout- it's Dave ("Ruston")'s handiwork. But the Fowler could have been made for it. I think it was Dave that suggested the Fowler in the "what would you like next from Ixion" thread so that's probably not surprising!

When I bought it the cunning plan was to then save up for the EDM sound project at a later date, but since Paul's illness he has understandably stopped offering it on non- EDM purchased models so short of buying another one I think I've missed out! The stay alive would have come in useful as well I suspect, although I'm very impressed with it's running with an out of the box cheapo Hornby decoder.

Ask me nicely and I'll do it. I took the option off line when I was struggling to keep up whilst ill and the final straw was when someone sent me one to do having b*ggered messed it up in their attempt but tried to say it was my fault. Just take another few weeks saving up so can make some attempt at clearing the backlog.

• Like 1

Well, since you've put it like that Paul... pretty please with a cherry on top :D I think I would have done the just the same had someone tried it on with me! There are a few bits of minor damage to this one (knocked the brake actuator arm thingy under the cab off, and got an errant blob of glue on the keeper plate in gluing it back in for starters!) that I'll catalogue & photograph before you get it.

I'll drop you a line later on- since I've painted it it's probably best if I just send the chassis- I could potentially drop it with you at Brizzle actually, that sounds like it could work well for timing.

:dance_mini:

• RMweb Gold

I could potentially drop it with you at Brizzle actually, that sounds like it could work well for timing.

Brizzle would be fine - do you got to NG South West at Shepton Mallet or the 0 gauge do at Kettering? Could return it done at either of them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

To update my previous postings, Paul very kindly fitted the my Fowler with sound (which is every bit as good as said previously in this thread), while I messed about with transfers and weathering and such like.

Got it (nearly- spot the missing detailing bits...) all back together on Friday and took it for a run on Golden Valley MRC's "Berkeley Junction", Harry kindly took a couple of photos, which I've pinched from the blog here:

post-10340-0-79796800-1425244767.jpg

post-10340-0-10822600-1425244814.jpg

I've also put a couple in the BT&S thread in the industrial section here.

Thanks again to Paul (and Mike) for doing the sound for us- worth every penny :)

Edited by brianthesnail96
  • Like 11

• 2 months later...

This is my Fowler fitted with Zimo chip and Paul Cheter sounds. Here pulling the empty coal train on Bucks Hill last week.

Martin

I note the complete absence of movement of the people standing on the platforms as the Fowler runs through. No doubt they are all stunned by its phenomenal haulage capacity :jester:

Begs the question why did the GWR need those eight-coupled freight locos when this little 0-4-0 was so strong?  :scratchhead:

Aarr, they's just empties, empties going south, south's down hill....

joking aside, it is a prodigious load.  I don't think mine would manage that.

best

Simon

Should do, I haven't even put any extra weight in it yet. I dont't know whether the 31mm gauge track has anything to do with it.

Martin

Wow! I've had mine pulling ten 16 ton mineral wagons (mix of Parkside, Lionheart and PECO) up the 1:22 colliery branch on Cwm Bach. Kitchener is fitted with the EDM DCC set-up, but still awaits weathering as can be seen in this early shot of Cwm Bach.

post-13142-0-68802300-1430905747_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...