Tackeroo - The Cannock Chase Military Railway project

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

No, building the fiddle yard(s) is done at the first show

Or of course hanging out trees to dry (Treneglos @ Stafford) at its first exhibition

Terry

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

To finish the pway and hand the boards over to Andy Y for ballasting and wiring I need to be sure the track bed is solid.  As most of the track bed is foam and the track has been constructed on very thin ply there is too much ability for the track bed to flex in the wrong way.  I have decided that in order to do this, get the boards level and the board joints level that the layout needs to stand on its own adjustable legs, connected with its dowels and bolts rather than layed out on some temporary strips of timber across some saw horses.

One pet hate I have when erecting or breaking down layouts at shows is nuts and bolts so I have set about fixing all Nuts in place so only the bolts are loose  The first photo shows the board to board retained nut, The Nut has been forced / pulled down (by a bolt from the other side)  into a hole that is only just smaller than it and once the bolt is removed the nut is permanently trapped in the timber. Second photo the legs hinge down from one end and a steel strap forms the diagonal bracing, again the loose end (board end) of the strap is attached to the board by another entrapped nut.

Once the layout is being put down for transport or storage the strap swings down and is trapped between an angle bracket and a mid board strengthening piece of ply.  Finally the legs (and therefore the strap) are held in place for transit by a further retained nut attached to that mid board support.

In every case if the bolt is no longer required in performing its function you just screw it back into the retained nut.

Andy

post-8894-0-74165300-1453563877.jpg

post-8894-0-06429700-1453564101.jpg

post-8894-0-12100300-1453564376.jpg

post-8894-0-80523900-1453564413.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Hinged, two legs on the self standing middle board and one set on the lean to milford end. 

I need to make a sort of adapter to the saw horse so that the lean to boards can stand up for working on.

Andy

all of the sh*te is just off shot poised, about to collapse.

Andy

Hinged, two legs on the self standing middle board and one set on the lean to milford end. 

I need to make a sort of adapter to the saw horse so that the lean to boards can stand up for working on.

Andy

all of the sh*te is just off shot poised, about to collapse.

Andy

Will those metal trestles that are behind the boards not reach that height

Geoff

• RMweb Premium

Jane went of to the NEC yesterday to see the start of the Netball Super League leaving me to make things.

This is the company office.   Walls are clad in corrugated plasticard, the brick section will be buried until all that is showing is just a couple of courses of brick,  The sticky out bit at the front is a decked walkway that is covered by a canopy, like a veranda. 

Just need to finish those doors and line the window frames, 

Today we are flying the new Zealand flag as the New Zealand rifle brigade arrived at Brocton in 1916. I have a Union Jack if required

Andy

post-8894-0-13655200-1454246788.jpg

post-8894-0-67869800-1454246806.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

If you go again.. Shout up and I'll give you some pointers

Andy

Hi Andy

DJH brought to the attention of board at last Thursdays meeting your Tackeroo project and how it was coming on.

It seems that most of the ensembled were unaware of the project.

Any way to the point, I would very much like to see it at Stafford exhibition as and when you feel it's ready.

Let me have the details ASAP as I believe it will be of great interest to both the modellers and of course local people and I would hope like NHC you may get further information.

It was great to see you at the exhibition both days together with Chris, Nigel, John, and Mark

Terry

Hi Andy

DJH brought to the attention of board at last Thursdays meeting your Tackeroo project and how it was coming on.

It seems that most of the ensembled were unaware of the project.

Any way to the point, I would very much like to see it at Stafford exhibition as and when you feel it's ready.

Let me have the details ASAP as I believe it will be of great interest to both the modellers and of course local people and I would hope like NHC you may get further information.

It was great to see you at the exhibition both days together with Chris, Nigel, John, and Mark

Terry

The "Board". ?

That's clever, I can't get mine to talk.