Prototype for everything corner.

12 hours ago, melmerby said:

Why didn't they use more track panels?*

Then they could have moved it from the RR crossing to museum entrance much quicker and easier.

(*Wallace & Gromit style)

not just the time & ease, what about the damage to the road with caterpillars moving & turning ?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, melmerby said:

Why didn't they use more track panels?*

Then they could have moved it from the RR crossing to museum entrance much quicker and easier.

(*Wallace & Gromit style)

Or why didn’t they leave the museum rail connected in the first place. Not exactly far...

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Or why didn’t they leave the museum rail connected in the first place. Not exactly far...

Maybe the cost of maintaining the connexion was not worth it?

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, jonny777 said:

The ideal compromise for HS2. Widen the M1 and stick the tracks in the middle. 

Milton Keynes was built with space on the grid system to build an overhead rapid transit system in the central reservations. Once the MK Development Corporation was wound up the grid system expansion fell by the wayside and the town is now rapidly succumbing to rush hour congestion. With the electric bus trial not being expanded, I can only assume that isn't the future either.

• Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

There must be an unwrapping video of this!

Irish Rail takes delivery of a new train.  Photo from Irish Times

New train.png

The term 'Single Use Plastic' comes to mind .............................. and I'm not referring to the railcar.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

5 hours ago, Jaggzuk said:

Not an unusual photo, but sometimes we forget that we can run just locos/power cars as a motive power movement on layouts. 

http://www.railway-centre.com/uploads/7/2/2/3/7223531/pod-11-03-19_1_orig.jpg

I always think 2 buffer fitted ex 'DVT' class 43s running like that would make a brilliant high speed diesel locomotive option to upset certain exhibition visitors...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

I always think 2 buffer fitted ex 'DVT' class 43s running like that would make a brilliant high speed diesel locomotive option to upset certain exhibition visitors...

I was done to test the ride of mk4s on the ECML north of York before it was electrified.

I believe the test was run well over 125mph

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, lmsforever said:

Irish Rail should realise that all that plastic is bad for the planet they have used paper ! 

And paper is any better? Both are fully recyclable....

The plastic thing has yet to be properly reported  as card, paper, cloth and glass might be seen as friendlier, but the carbon footprints can be far worse due to the use of vast quantities of water used, weight penalties for transport, etc. etc.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

I've long thought the same thing.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

"Both are fully recyclable." - yes, but there are only a few sites which can recycle polyethylene. Our council - Powys - does not take it or any other film type flexible plastics for recycling as it has no access to such a plant.

But this is seriously off topic.

Jonathan

I really don't know what the Green wheelie bins were for at Warrington back in the mid' 2000's and i've not seen any modeled yet.  They seem to be on the loco' storage lines only...anybody know what they were used for?

image.png.dfe5aef1e03ce9fdbfc2c49691bc10e3.png

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

They probably are just rubbish bins but they could also be spill kits for diesel spillages etc 

EDIT: they are bins for cab rubbish, just asked a work colleague who was based at warrington at the time of the picture 

Edited by big jim
Definitive answer!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1