Prototype for everything corner.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Wickham Green said:

..... and talking of odd sights, these were spotted on the Folkestone Harbour Branch on Saturday  -  yes they are rail vehicles but if you want to know any more don't ask, cos' I didn't ! 

DSC_0794.JPG

New Wickham trollies, perhaps?

3 hours ago, Wickham Green said:

..... and talking of odd sights, these were spotted on the Folkestone Harbour Branch on Saturday  -  yes they are rail vehicles but if you want to know any more don't ask, cos' I didn't ! 

DSC_0794.JPG

Costermonger special?..." Get yer luvly apples and pears...only 3d a pahnd.."

2 hours ago, Porkscratching said:

Costermonger special?..." Get yer luvly apples and pears...only 3d a pahnd.."

There used to be a costermonger in Folkestone Market who'd shout "come on girls, get yer gums rahnd me plums"....

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

9 hours ago, Wickham Green said:

Can you make out the writing on the posters?

Cheers
David

10 hours ago, DavidB-AU said:

Can you make out the writing on the posters?

Cheers
David

Nope ..... what might look like posters on the sides of the tram are corrugated plastic sheets and whatever's lying on the deck just seems to be painted cardboard .......... not much clue here either : - 

2563.27_;_DSC_0792.JPG

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Wickham Green said:

Nope ..... what might look like posters on the sides of the tram are corrugated plastic sheets and whatever's lying on the deck just seems to be painted cardboard .......... not much clue here either : - 

2563.27_;_DSC_0792.JPG

On 01/07/2019 at 15:16, Wickham Green said:

DSC_0794.JPG

It would appear to be a design a train competition - see https://urbanroomfolkestone.net/events/grand-plaza-express-the-festival-of-looking/

• Like 2

Seems to be something to do with this: https://urbanroomfolkestone.net/events/grand-plaza-express-the-festival-of-looking/

GRAND PLAZA EXPRESS | THE FESTIVAL OF LOOKING

From 12 - 30 June 2019

Harbour Branch Line

Inspired by conversations about Folkestone’s history as a seaside resort, Grand Plaza Express is an invitation to local residents, visitors, artists and makers to work collectively to design and construct a new train. Once built, it will offer residents and visitors a temporary ‘packaged holiday’ with carriages that host different leisure activities – from a private dining carriage, to a pool.

Come and help us build the train during the Open Studio workshops.

and this: https://folkestonefringe.com/events/patrick-hubmann-grand-plaza-express/

Patrick Hubmann & local MC practitioner Mitchell Bloomfield are collaborating this year. Patrick’s work plays on the potential of possibilities within places, and has been inspired by the ideas & expectations of #Folkestone as a holiday destination. The two invite local residents, visitors, artists, makers to work collectively to design & construct a new train. Once built, it will offer residents & visitors a temporary ‘packaged holiday’ with sections that host different leisure activities, from a private dining carriage to a pool. Now is your chance to re-live, re-instate & re-engage with the magic of Tram Road being the ultimate holiday stop, and to feel encouraged to think & speak about YOUR stories, memories, knowledge, concerns & hopes for the future. The piece will hold as a purposeful structure in the East Yard at Folkestone Harbour Arm after the Magic Carpets residency.

Edit: john new seems to have found the same thing at the same time I was typing!

Edited by eastwestdivide
cross-post
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 01/07/2019 at 15:16, Wickham Green said:

DSC_0794.JPG

And people thought the 313s on the South Coast lacked facilities.

• Funny 1

Yep ! ........ eff'n'safety idiots insist on closure until a secondary braking system is installed  -  c'mon guys it's operated for a hundred years without killing anyone ! .......................... anyone got a spare eighty grand ? ( probably more by now ).

• Informative/Useful 1

8 minutes ago, Wickham Green said:

Yep ! ........ eff'n'safety idiots insist on closure until a secondary braking system is installed  -  c'mon guys it's operated for a hundred years without killing anyone ! .......................... anyone got a spare eighty grand ? ( probably more by now ).

Having seen how money is been thrown at that end of Folkestone, I'd have thought they could have paid for it from petty cash..Something's needed to transport people from the re-developed bits by the beach and harbour to the town centre.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

They'll never do anything the easy way..where i was working yesterday they had loads of big lorries and a massive crane, plus a huge compliment of blokes, to lift a bunch of gubbins to the top of a tower/ mast .

They'd assembled it on the ground the previous day from bits...

Now if I'd been doing it, I'd simply have roped the components up there ( there was a good scaff platform put up) and assembled it in situ, (crew of 3 maximum)..thereby avoiding the need for a million quids worth of heavy kit and a platoon of fellas...hey ho, no wonder everything is so expensive these days..

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, 62613 said:

Crimes! What was going on?

Well the first 08 (is it Ivor, I can see a red band) failed on an engineering turn, it was rescued by another 08 before it failed, so a third 08 was dispatched and it failed too.  With so many 08s failing they sent a 47 out but it was a little weak in the engine department so the finished off sending out a 37 Heavy to pick up the lot.

That or it's a positioning move.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hesperus said:

If it had been 3 broken 47s and one broken 08 I'd have believed you ;)

If i said it Took 3x class 92s to rescue a set of mk5’s stuck in plat 1 at Carlilse for 3 days... would you believe me ?..

92038, 92023 & 92033

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 2