Prototype for everything corner.

51 minutes ago, flapland said:

Does anyone know why the mk1 brake in the above video at 8:10 has a white stripe along its length. 

Salisbury was the home for the exhibition trains and their fitting out. i believe this is likely to have been in use with them, although not one I recorded. Such as Printrain 73 https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brexhibitiontrain/e1f1bfbc5

Paul

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, Welly said:

I think that carriage is part of the exhibition train rake - they would be painted in whatever they are being used to promote at the time.

Indeed.

At 08:21 a glimpse of another exhibition vehicle can be seen; iirc the livery there is for the GW150 train?

I wound the video back to the beginning - three 4TCs a bit of a way away from the 'juice'; and 'Slim Jims' on the Cardiff-Pompeys. And the last train at Salisbury and then Southampton (33 028 at the head) had a downgraded CK in the rake - and a 'seasoned commuter' with a door open a long way before the train came to a stop at Salisbury.

Edited by talisman56
  • Like 1

You need an excuse to run your electric loco 'under the wires' with the pan' down (and at 'non-prototypical shunting speeds' into your loco shed)? Okay, stretching the point a little but....

Edited by Mel_H
minor txt edit
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, talisman56 said:

I wound the video back to the beginning - three 4TCs a bit of a way away from the 'juice'; and 'Slim Jims' on the Cardiff-Pompeys. And the last train at Salisbury and then Southampton (33 028 at the head) had a downgraded CK in the rake - and a 'seasoned commuter' with a door open a long way before the train came to a stop at Salisbury.

It is fascinating, also note 33111 with close-spaced '111' numerals (a bit like 66111)

• RMweb Gold
On 24/10/2019 at 00:17, Mel_H said:

You need an excuse to run your electric loco 'under the wires' with the pan' down (and at 'non-prototypical shunting speeds' into your loco shed)? Okay, stretching the point a little but....

Google Translate gives stay alive as rimani vivo

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 19/10/2019 at 08:29, Metr0Land said:

Not as odd as some things on here but I've only ever seen the Sealink branded stock on the Glasgow-Stranraer route as intended.  Clearly though, some escaped onto the WCML

36326706655_53529275c9_z.jpgBR-81009-E3011-Carlisle-260786a by Michael Wadman, on Flickr

Didn't that stock also work to Heysham for the Isle of Man boats? Possibly from the north and the south...

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Boris said:

I produce a similar effect in the toilet every time my wife makes chilli.  Sounds like a rattle can running out of paint too.

Needs more chillies, it's not hot enough.

It should have the same effect as a flame thrower.:o

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Boris said:

I produce a similar effect in the toilet every time my wife makes chilli.  Sounds like a rattle can running out of paint too.

Have you told her not to put ball bearings in it, they really aren't good for you mate!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, LMS2968 said:

Flood, I believe. The tanks were empty so floated, and remained coupled together so formed the circle.

Interesting. Do you know what the location is?