Prototype for everything corner.

20 minutes ago, russ p said:

Used this as a route learner at thornaby couple of times,  it had big tv monitors and end cameras. 

It also had a three phase generator which supplied power for this and aircon in the saloon in the former DTC vehicle.  It went rather well too as it had two Leyland TL11s but sounded odd getting turbo scream from a DMU before changing gear

Was that the RL set that had two big screens showing front and back and swivelling seats inbetween?

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Owd Bob said:

Cheers Russ :) Really a very interesting unit then, i wonder whatever happened to it?

I left thornaby in 97 and it was dumped there , last time I used it was that summer as an air conditioned class room 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Peterborough just now

Train 6G66  A class 66 hauling 1 bogie open wagon!

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/18969/2020-05-07/detailed

Can't post picture as it's Railcam copyright

Also Train 5Z50 (519R)  2 x37s hauling 10 Greater Anglia Mk3s bound for Long Marston

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/18989/2020-05-07/detailed

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, melmerby said:

Peterborough just now

Also Train 5Z50 (519R)  2 x37s hauling 10 Greater Anglia Mk3s bound for Long Marston

I saw it :)

3 hours ago, melmerby said:

Peterborough just now

Just seen shots in my Flickr feed:

DSC_3601

6G66 must be a wagon trip/cripple headcode used often:

70002-6G66-KY

...And my favourite...6G66 with the ratio of wheels loco:wagon way overpowered at 3:1!

66730 'Whitemoor' on 6G66 1430 Peterboro Maint Shed Gbrf to Whitemoor Yard L.D.C Gbrf

(Click any of the above photos to be taken to the Flickr page)

Jack.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Want to put a GB sticker on your unit?  No reason why not to.  207.010 at Bramley Apr93 (frame grabbed from video).  The unit had been to Europe (France?) on a railtour I believe.  Unforunately I don't have details and quick search online didn't show anything, but it did have a legitimate reason for the sticker.

207_010 GB sticker Bramley Apr93.jpg

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

Want to put a GB sticker on your unit?  No reason why not to.  207.010 at Bramley Apr93 (frame grabbed from video).  The unit had been to Europe (France?) on a railtour I believe.  Unforunately I don't have details and quick search online didn't show anything, but it did have a legitimate reason for the sticker.

207_010 GB sticker Bramley Apr93.jpg

Comment from Flickr user Adrian Nicholls under a picture of 207010:

"Geoff, efforts were made to run a 'Hastings' unit through to France before the stock was withdrawn using the Dover Train Ferry. I can't remember who the promoter was but think it was the SEG (Southern Electric Group) unsurprisingly it never came to fruition."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I remember finding a circuit of Ireland rally sticker on a bit of wood that had been dumped on the railway , I peeled it of and stuck in on the headcode class on 20144 it was on there for ages 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Like the way the new sleepers/ties are ditributed along the P/Way on this US clip from Horseshoe pass (starts at (0:35)

Watch the CAT machine moving from truck to truck!

A following train dumps ballast on the go at about 8:35 onwards

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jonny777 said:

Are you sure it's the right link? That takes me to a list of Ebay items. 

Not sure what's happened there Jonny,  unless the original picture has been sold or something.  It did work 

• Thanks 1

On 08/05/2020 at 13:40, melmerby said:

Like the way the new sleepers/ties are ditributed along the P/Way on this US clip from Horseshoe pass (starts at (0:35)

Watch the CAT machine moving from truck to truck!

A following train dumps ballast on the go at about 8:35 onwards

What amazes me, is that the CAT driver decides to do his wagon hopping at the same time as a train is passing on an adjacent track. If something had gone wrong, who knows where the machinery would have ended up?

• Agree 1

On 30/04/2020 at 20:10, melmerby said:

I remember seeing it on the Northern reaches of the WCML when in Inter City colours.

Wasn't it also later called "Avocet"

If I haven't been beaten to it;-

89001 was repainted from Intercity to Intercity Swallow, and Named "Avocet" at Kings Cross. The naming was to celebrate a significant anniversary for the RSPB - who use an avocet as their logo. The honourable person who performed the naming ceremony was Margret Thatcher PM, after the naming was done, the loco hauled a special formed of mk1 (landcruise) stock to Sandy.

if I have been beaten to it, sorry for the duplication.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1