Prototype for everything corner.

7 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

I love that comment : - 

Condition:

Used

“as these are scrapyard items there may be damage and parts missing, please study photos”

.......... doesn't say anything about wrong tenders, though !

50_29.jpg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

I love that comment : - 

Condition:

Used

“as these are scrapyard items there may be damage and parts missing, please study photos”

.......... doesn't say anything about wrong tenders, though !

50_29.jpg

Hi Whickham,

As it happens I built the replacement tender for that very locomotive, 34067, in 304.8mm/foot scale while at Riley and Son's about 18-20 years ago.

Gibbo.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Whickham,

As it happens I built the replacement tender for that very locomotive, 34067, in 304.8mm/foot scale while at Riley and Son's about 18-20 years ago.

Gibbo.

Slaters must have thought it was Christmas when the order for the styrene sheet came in. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 13

On 27/09/2020 at 22:44, Wickham Green too said:

I guess this must have gone to another loco in the end ................ but probably not on the M.H.R.

52_04.jpg

Hi Whickham,

There wasn't much of the tank left once I had cut out all of the rot, probably cheaper to have built a new one! With regard the frames they were bent and required straightening along with various cracks weld repaired, the spring pockets were removed and replaced as was the front drag box and the brake bell crank brackets. As I remember the tender was from an early build Merchant Navy probably from one of the first two of the class.

706871325_DSCF11911.JPG.142d3ad0e2414ad967cbfaa7f42c310a.JPG

Here I am thinking, "Not another one !".

In the above photograph the only parts of 34067 that are common with the scrap yard photograph are, smoke box door hinges, the mainframes but not the buffer beam, the boiler less its of fire box, the wheels but not the tyres, and the cylinders, all the rest went into the scrap and was carted off to Brook Street Metals.

The mists of time have affected my recollection of Bulleid tender repairs !

The above described tank repair was actually for 257 Squadron's tender. Tangmere indeed got a full new tank, the tender frame repair was as detailed.

Gibbo.

Edited by Gibbo675
Extra Information
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Watto1990 said:

Do you have too many locomotives? Are you sick of complaints your DCC sound is just too loud? 

Excellent! Once did this on my layout with all my sound fitted stuff, was fun for a couple of mins but quickly became painful! Must have been a real sight to see/hear.

Ta for posting

James

• Agree 1

I love the effort made to match the yellow paint when the above loco it was renumbered!

Here's a UP loco hauling a freight with a couple of the doors open. I was surprised to find this loco was actually working. - it looked more like it was ready to be scrapped.

DSCN0634.JPG.80329ba595c5ed291d468a453334223a.JPG

This GP15 loco was in the same train just behind the locos pulling the train but was not working. It had been newly refurbished (its about 40 years old) and was being hauled to a yard where it would be a radio control shunter (or switcher if you speak American).

DSCN0633.JPG.548bc0775783f76e73dd1907e6234c94.JPG

Edited by Chris M
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Chris M said:

Here's a UP loco hauling a freight with a couple of the doors open. .

DSCN0634.JPG.80329ba595c5ed291d468a453334223a.JPG

Not too uncommon. I’ve seen Canadian Pacific engines in the mountains of BC running with several hood doors open on hot summer days. 

• Like 1

A now-valid layout traffic scene, as a variation on the bus-on-a-bridge theme: six UPS vans in convoy on the bridge over Kentish Town Thameslink station this morning, as they left the Kentish Town UPS depot. No picture unfortunately.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It's amazing how many US locos that have been absorbed into new ownership are still running around in a patch re-numbered livery of the previous owner.

(This doesn't count all the heritage liveries on newly painted locos

Same with freight cars, still plenty of "Soo Line",  "Illinois Central", "Burlington Northern" etc.  cars , albeit extremely rusty, running around the network.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, BR(S) said:

A now-valid layout traffic scene, as a variation on the bus-on-a-bridge theme: six UPS vans in convoy on the bridge over Kentish Town Thameslink station this morning, as they left the Kentish Town UPS depot. No picture unfortunately.

That doesn’t count then :laugh_mini:

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

From forum Jokes thread:

image.png.7f1d22aa3f09250c47fa819e4ad87ef7.png

Interestingly i have had a parcel delivered by Hermes just after lunchtime today.

The order was placed with the seller late afternoon yesterday.

About 20 hours from ordering to delivery - not bad.

• Like 5

On 06/10/2020 at 19:16, stewartingram said:

That Hermes van must be a Photoshop - I thought they all used their private cars!

Only for parcels up to a certain weight and/or size. Chaps in branded vans are delivering the parcels to the 'last mile' couriers to deliver in their private cars and/or picking up parcels from the shops that take in parcels.

Edited by talisman56