Prototype for everything corner.

22 hours ago, Wild Boar Fell said:

Certainly is WBQ, I've got to build that in OO at some point soon.

The that span is the old Crosfield siding, it's a different span as far as I can tell and no longer used as far as I know. 

Is that the one that went into the Lever Bros factory? Funnily enough when I was looking at it on Google Earth yesterday I was thinking that now that Lever Bros is closing down they could have used that line to bypass Arpley Junction and free up a lot of land to the East of the station.

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

Not got quite enough blue & greys to alternate with 'ripples' along the whole train ? : - 

184.25.jpg

Interesting reduced length of red (catering) lining on that RBR. Not common IIRC but not unique either.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 04/01/2021 at 18:29, montyburns56 said:

Is that the one that went into the Lever Bros factory? Funnily enough when I was looking at it on Google Earth yesterday I was thinking that now that Lever Bros is closing down they could have used that line to bypass Arpley Junction and free up a lot of land to the East of the station.

The weak bridge sign doesn't seem to be there in 2019:

https://goo.gl/maps/4i3DJ35G6PXeEYgq8

On 07/01/2021 at 23:58, melmerby said:

Something different for the front of your loco:

bird.JPG.f308db5ae72e29495d4f0f22811cb917.JPG

That was a game we used to play when I worked at the cafe at Carlisle Station, spot the bloody, feathered smear on the front of a Pendo :)

• Like 1

On 07/01/2021 at 23:58, melmerby said:

Something different for the front of your loco:

bird.JPG.f308db5ae72e29495d4f0f22811cb917.JPG

On 08/01/2021 at 00:25, newbryford said:

On a similar note - one expensive camera destroyed. (Network Rail NMT)

(Photo used with permission from my collection)

bird2.jpg.4d71720d967dbfe7fdf65dd3c5077389.jpg

In the days I used to work in Maidenhead (late '80s), on arrival back in platform 6 at Reading one evening we heard a warning broadcast over the tannoy for passengers on platform 5 to keep well away from the rear end of an arriving HST. I nipped over to platform 4 to find out why. There on the back of the HST, on the curved underside of the nosecone was a football sized brown lump - a swarm of bees. The train duly departed for London with the swarm still attached. It had been hanging on the back at least since Didcot.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Model the current scene and want to drag the miserable real world situation onto your trainset? Add these stickers to the doors of your class 70!

IMG_20210113_193756.jpg.54c72bdfa95c191a6c3418795f34381b.jpg

Personally I can't think of anything worse, the escapism of the hobby means you can forget the rubbish the real world throws around, but each to their own. I know some people have added social distance graphics to the windows of their model passenger trains

Jo

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

I am adding this image because I was not aware that 27s and push-pull sets worked across the Forth Bridge, but this appears to show otherwise. 

D5400 (I think) just south of Dalmeny. 

2021-01-15-0010.jpg.726982d14d063cc72e7b93d0d928c14e.jpg

• Like 12