Prototype for everything corner.

• RMweb Premium

Cracking pic featuring Kerr's Miniature Railway, which is closing/closed after 85 yrs due to declining custom (with a side order of out-of-hours vandalism).

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/157204-kerrs-miniature-railway/

When you saw Kerr's on one side and the caravan sites on the other side of the line, you knew you were nearly at Arbroath station.

Edited by keefer
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

When you are cleaning then track before the second day of an exhibition (remember those) and forget to put everything back on the track

137.JPG.8662f5ca3bee7c23dffcee6592eb9c95.JPG

Not the UK, but found this wagon last summer sat at the back of the platform at Szamotuly,  Poland where an awful lot of remodelling and rebuilding was taking place.

Obviously they needed to put  it somewhere out of the way, the platfom was the obvious (?) choice.

Makes a change from sitting on a BRUTE to watch the trains go by.

Andy

• Like 11

On 08/02/2021 at 19:33, eastwestdivide said:

Mid-1987, this 33 at North Staffs Junction/Willington power station took me by surprise heading towards Derby with a couple of departmental coaches. Any ideas on the coaches? Odd window arrangement on the blue one (ex-buffet?). I've tried enhancing the underframe area in the crop to see the bogies better. Best I can do unfortunately unless my notes turn up.

87-11-6.jpg.17aed339a39722fe6081fad487eb3728.jpg

1385057186_87-11-6crop.jpg.b5f4081ddc3314c47291ac2dd88470fa.jpg

There seems to be a brake van on a rake of air-braked HAAs on the left edge of the picture.  These continuously braked trains didn't normally need brake vans.  Was this a train from Denby on the Little Eaton branch?  Brake vans were added to MGR trains of HAAs on that route as there were train-crew-worked level crossings.  Loco crew would open the gates, drive across and the guard (was it a guard or just a crossing-gate-closer trainman?) would close them behind the train, thus avoiding the delay of walking the whole length of the train back to the loco after every level crossing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

The verse would be more readable if it was formatted properly:(

EDIT

Strange, each device I view the F&S verse on shows it in a different format!

On a large screen desktop, it is almost properly lined up.

On a 16" laptop it is all over the place

Edited by melmerby

1 hour ago, DavidBird said:

Was this a train from Denby on the Little Eaton branch?

I think so, with double-headed 20s. I'd posted a wider pic showing the 20s before, can't find it at the moment.

Edit: found it. Pretty sure it was the same day as the 33:

Edited by eastwestdivide

18 hours ago, Metr0Land said:

A 56 on a mail train?  Why not?  (Apparently a Swansea-Willesden working with the 56 covering for a failure, and the 56 ripped at Bristol). Photo at Cardiff Central.

56081 on the mail Cardiff central

During 1999/2000 56011 was turned out by Tyne yard and worked the Low fell-Plymouth vans. Don't know if it was swapped at Doncaster or worked further south.

• Informative/Useful 2

15 hours ago, rodent279 said:

Wonder if any are preserved?

When I worked at the cafe at Carlisle Station in the mid-2000's we had an ancient one which we used for shifting the bin liners at the end of the night, up and over the footbridge to the main bins near the north bay platforms.  Doubt it still exists though, even one of the two cafes has been demolished since I worked there :)

39 minutes ago, Ben B said:

Either that or GBRF are employing snipers with laser-sights to deal with increased trespassing in these Covid times :)

Stupid question perhaps, but if you shoot trespassers won't they still be on the railway? And equally dead? And won't you now be legally responsible for the death, rather than the trespasser? Sorry for being a spoilsport.

Edited by DK123GWR

10 hours ago, melmerby said:

The verse would be more readable if it was formatted properly:(

EDIT

Strange, each device I view the F&S verse on shows it in a different format!

On a large screen desktop, it is almost properly lined up.

On a 16" laptop it is all over the place

This is how it looks on my PC screen...  when I wrote it out it was even more aligned.  I did consider editing it to make it even better, but now I can only save 4 lines of signature, rather than the 15 I was allowed at the time.  Can I save this image as a signature? (edit: just checked, images only 200 x 100 pixels allowed, so the resolution would be too poor to read.)
Sorry folks, we'll have to put up with the formatting all over the place

image.png.00d5d0cc3e85a6b46722154a5c4ba6d8.png

Edited by DavidBird
  • Informative/Useful 1