Prototype for everything corner.

• RMweb Premium

RNA runner - cut down from HEA

HEA coal hopper

CAR brake van

STVA Autic car transporter (https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/stvamatautic)

The coal sector class 31s were used for Nuclear fuel traffic. The RNA/HEA/CAR combination is missing one or more FNA flask wagons. Oldbury (closed 2012) and Berkeley (close 1989) power stations weren't far away.

Steven B.

On 15/05/2020 at 11:28, sir douglas said:

I can hear CJF rubbing his hands in glee and saying "Told you so!"

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Mel_H said:

Your new diesel loco's tail-lights burn bright, despite being coupled to a brake van, and you can't turn them off...

69001 SVR. Picture Jack Boskett

69001 Jack Boskett.jpeg

Is there a technical reason that the loco is that colour, or was that just the paint they had available?

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Mel_H said:

Your new diesel loco's tail-lights burn bright, despite being coupled to a brake van, and you can't turn them off...

69001 Jack Boskett.jpeg

Finally a refurbed loco with the old NRN antenna removed - but why keep the "ground-plane" ?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Mel_H said:

69001 Jack Boskett.jpeg

Is the van spraying something or is the misty looking stuff trailing behind just raised dust?

5 minutes ago, john new said:

Is the van spraying something or is the misty looking stuff trailing behind just raised dust?

Just dust, probably the fastest that van's been for some time. I presume it was used during the track relaying/ballasting over Shivering Falling Sands Viaduct, so it's ballast dust

Edited by Mel_H
  • Informative/Useful 1

You'll have to take my word for it as I could only get the boring side in focus, but if you want a slightly unusual vehicle beside your layout and its set in North Wilts, why not add a post van which has a Royal Mail logo on the left, a Post Brenhinol logo on the back, and the outline of the logo with no text on the right?

14 hours ago, iands said:

Finally a refurbed loco with the old NRN antenna removed - but why keep the "ground-plane" ?

If they were stuck on with the right stuff you can literally the entire dome of the cab roof up. Stuck a few of those on, it was really nasty stuff if you got it in the wrong places.

• Thanks 1

On 22/02/2021 at 19:01, montyburns56 said:

I'm wondering if this was something that they bought from BR or something that they concocted themselves. 

NCB Weed killing wagon and Brake Van Green Lane, South Shields 1968

NCB Weed killing wagon and Brake Van

It's as if the weed in the right foreground is saying " ya'll not get me, petal "

• Funny 4

10 hours ago, dana said:

"north americian observation cars in scotland ?  that didn't happen said the rivet counter  "  

"What about the alps "you reply 

https://retours.eu/en/12-canadian-pacific-cars-in-austria/

In the excellent book "British Rail Designed 1948-97" by David Lawrence, there's a little bit about the proposed Observation DMU intended for the highland lines.  There was concept art and a large-scale model built, a kind of mashup between first-gen DMU, class 47 cab-end, Deltic cab windows, US-Greyhound road coaches, Swiss observation coach and Triang Transcontinental cars.  Looks very much like something out of a Gerry Anderson production!

Edited by Ben B
Spelling/grammar correction
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Wickham Green too said:

Those vans are not far off appearing on the Bridge Bashing thread !

They do give that impression but they are still lower than the Rat's Head Code box.

Kev.

• Like 1