Prototype for everything corner.

12 hours ago, DK123GWR said:

........ it appears that the 'typical' British visitor to Peru is not the sort of person to spend their lunchtime pondering how a railway siding is worked. .......

Apologies ..... as the sort of British visitor to Peru who WOULD have been totally fascinated by such a siding, I have to regret that my visit to Hidroelectrica was far too brief - only between arrival and departure of the 'local' train - and I failed to notice that little gem.

• Like 1

On 15/04/2021 at 23:50, melmerby said:

Double slips on a main line? - No way that's just happens in model railway land.

4 Double slips and a scissors crossover on a 4 track electrified passenger line:

224236545_doubleslips2.JPG.df81c54d779cc0d76776e731359e8db1.JPG

Just found this pic on Pinterest

6c74d8a700033ccc4be5f61e48121126 (2).jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Where's that?

I've posted this before where there is also a lot of double slips, scissors and semaphores:

https://www.shorpy.com/files/images/4a11368a.preview.jpg

Boston 1904

The link doesn't seem to work for me. Anyone else having trouble with it? 

• RMweb Gold
On 19/04/2021 at 08:36, Ray M said:

Just found this pic on Pinterest

6c74d8a700033ccc4be5f61e48121126 (2).jpg

Makes you feel you want to organise a railtour with the sole purpose of doing every possible route combination!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

041311  Ipswich Station 1986

Internal User 041311 . Ipswich Station . 04th-June-1986

Spooky, opened this thread and this popped up and it is directly opposite to where it i am sitting waiting for the Norwich on platform 3. Different world then , there is absolutely nothing of interest to be seen at all here now 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I was looking for some pics of Deltics at Bradford Interchange and it seems that the King Cross to Bradford trains regularly had two restaurant cars (RMB & RU???) which seems a bit OTT for a train with only five passenger coaches!

55 007 'Pinza' races towards Peterborough on the 15.45 King's Cross - Bradford

Edited by montyburns56
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, montyburns56 said:

I was looking for some pics of Deltics at Bradford Interchange and it seems that the King Cross to Bradford trains regularly had two restaurant cars (RMB & RU???) which seems a bit OTT for a train with only five passenger coaches!

55 007 'Pinza' races towards Peterborough on the 15.45 King's Cross - Bradford

That doesn’t look like an RMB the windows are wrong, rather a fully seated Mk1 RSO(?) for meal service.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

That doesn’t look like an RMB the windows are wrong, rather a fully seated Mk1 RSO(?) for meal service.

Curious. Was that the full train i.e. as it arrived/left KX or only the Bradford portion after splitting or pre-attachment? (IIRC at Wakefield?)

• Like 1