Prototype for everything corner.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, eastwestdivide said:

ISO container (no earlier than 1968) painted in Midland colours to match the station and signalbox at Keighley, 2021:

LMR colours, I'd say. The Midland would have painted it Denby pottery cream with the framing picked out in Venetian red (aka chocolate) and possibly black door fittings, if it is considered as a station building; if it is considered to be a signalling building, then substitute lemon chrome - a much more yellow colour - for the cream.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, PatB said:

Did it die of silicosis? 

I'm surprised the crew, let alone the engine could breath with that amount of deposits around.

Maybe they were supplied with breathing gear!:D

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, eastwestdivide said:

ISO container (no earlier than 1968) painted in Midland colours to match the station and signalbox at Keighley, 2021:

2121795787_Midlandcolours.jpg.4009751c9fa41a0dd89158d1687b4e75.jpg

It's a pop-up bar, it was open when we rode the line a few weeks ago :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 minutes ago, Railfreight1998 said:

Looks like a 20ft container that's been cut in half to make a 10 footer.

There were a couple of hundred 10' ISO boxes built for Freightliner in 1967/8. but I don't think this is one. The lifting lug at the non-door end is very different to the ISO Twistlock. I've seen firms advertising professionally re-built boxes; I think W H Davies may offer this service.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Fat Controller said:

There were a couple of hundred 10' ISO boxes built for Freightliner in 1967/8. but I don't think this is one. The lifting lug at the non-door end is very different to the ISO Twistlock. I've seen firms advertising professionally re-built boxes; I think W H Davies may offer this service.

This is a standard 10' box (yours for only $1250.00)

The one in the posted picture doesn't have the reinforced corner at the far end.

image.png.d1f4ad06c1a44889b434fa32fb3c4e7b.png

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

York 1974 by Jamerail

CH238. (CH-1-)

Now if only BR had thought to fit headcode boxes to vehicles the reporting number could could have been displayed in that...:yes:

Edited by melmerby
  • Funny 3

5 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

York 1974 by Jamerail

CH238. (CH-1-)

Which platform in York is that? I had thought it might be what is currently P6, but the glass in the end of the trainshed is wrong...

Jack

Edited by Jack Mc
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jack Mc said:

Which platform in York is that? I had thought it might be what is currently P6, but the glass in the end of the trainshed is wrong...

Jack

I think (wrongly) it is what is now platform 1.

Edited by leopardml2341
edited to add wrongly; cf post below.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, melmerby said:

Now if only BR had thought to fit headcode boxes to vehicles the reporting number could could have been displayed in that...:yes:

Some DMUs had two character- independent winding units. The intercity ones even had the full four. Most DMUs only had bus style single winding units with locations, so unless every combination was included via a humongously long winding reel (!) it wasn’t possible. 

• Like 2

Just now, ianmacc said:

Some DMUs had two character- independent winding units. The intercity ones even had the full four. Most DMUs only had bus style single winding units with locations, so unless every combination was included via a humongously long winding reel (!) it wasn’t possible. 

I did see a bus yesterday though with “Come on England” as it’s destination lol

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, russ p said:

It's one of the old 'Scarborough bays' which are now a carpark 

The "old" platform 4.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, ianmacc said:

Pity irony doesn't work in RMWeb..........:(

• Funny 3