Prototype for everything corner.

2 hours ago, melmerby said:

At 39:10 is a Eurostar set being towed.

Hi Melmerby,

You ate quite correct, the class 37 with only the barrier/translator wagons is to be seen a minute two earlier.

Gibbo.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, caradoc said:

Alternatively, getting in early in sourcing replacement traction for the day when coal-fired locomotives are no longer permitted.......

If that's the case they should start putting up the OHE so they can use fossil fuel free locomotives:jester:

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, melmerby said:

If that's the case they should start putting up the OHE so they can use fossil fuel free locomotives:jester:

Better still batteries under every seat and traction motors in every bogie .............. and a very large Seuthe smoke generator + sound chip in the loco ( steam or diesel ).

Sorry, smoke'll be banned !

• Funny 2

7 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

Better still batteries under every seat and traction motors in every bogie .............. and a very large Seuthe smoke generator + sound chip in the loco ( steam or diesel ).

Sorry, smoke'll be banned !

Hi Wickham,

If smoke is to be banned those new fandangled locomotives will just have to VAPE !!!!

Gibbo.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Wickham,

If smoke is to be banned those new fandangled locomotives will just have to VAPE !!!!

Gibbo.

Vaping still produces an obnoxious smell.

Must be that strawberry flavoured cannabis or whatever, the yoof of today vapes.:jester:

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

What heritage railways need in each train is an onboard gym carriage complete with exercise bikes connected to dynamos to power the motors.

Get the punters pedalling like hell and the train moves.... just!:nyam:

• Funny 2

6 hours ago, melmerby said:

What heritage railways need in each train is an onboard gym carriage complete with exercise bikes connected to dynamos to power the motors.

Get the punters pedalling like hell and the train moves.... just!:nyam:

Which is really just an over-complicated version of this:

On 21/07/2021 at 19:14, Watto1990 said:

Pedal harder! We’re two minutes late!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 27/07/2021 at 14:48, caradoc said:

Alternatively, getting in early in sourcing replacement traction for the day when coal-fired locomotives are no longer permitted.......

Wouldn’t surprise me if steam locos on preserved lines were given an exception long into the future, but perhaps not so for diesels. 

On 22/07/2021 at 19:11, montyburns56 said:

4-SUB at  Manchester Victoria 1980 by Martyn Hilbert

Southern Region 4-SUB 4647 - Manchester Victoria.

Looking for something completely ( 6PUL related ) different, I just found another shot of this train at the same time and place ! : plate 168 in Colin J.Marsden's 'Southern Electric Multiple-Units', Ian Allan, 1983 - credited to Richard Fox.

Edited by Wickham Green too
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 hours ago, Phatbob said:

Lovely picture of a 6PUL (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR_Class_6Pul), but the pressence of the Pulman is perfectly normal for these units.

Looks like another one, or a 6PAN at the other end of the platform. This would be a Brighton or Worthing working, as the Hastings ones would usually be formed 6PUL-6PAN; the PUL left at the Eastbourne reversal and the PAN worked to Hastings (Ore).

Edited by talisman56
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 hours ago, Phatbob said:

Lovely picture of a 6PUL (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SR_Class_6Pul), but the pressence of the Pulman is perfectly normal for these units.

Well to be honest it was more the hotchpotch of coaches that made me post it. Is that second coach part of the standard formation as it looks to be totally different to the rest of the train? I wasn't even aware of these trains until I came across this picture. I've seen the 5-PUL before, but not this one.

• Like 1