Prototype for everything corner.

4 hours ago, w124bob said:

Sorry, but the photo owner specifically quotes copyright so I thought it wiser to just post a link .

I don't think people understand how this works.  When a picture is automatically embedded, it is not a copy of the picture, and no copy of the picture is saved here or anywhere else. Hence no copy has been made to breach copyright.  It is like a window that you look through to see the original.  If the owner deletes or moves the original, then the picture will no longer appear here, as the window will be looking at something that is no longer there.  

Edited by Titan
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Bon Accord said:

Looks to be a Super BG so perhaps it was in use as a brake vehicle?

Looks like it's a standard BG not a Super BG, you can still see the windowls, handles etc. But yes probably in use as brake/stowage.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 12/09/2021 at 12:12, Wickham Green too said:

The whole thing's a puzzle as - being grooved track - one 'rail' takes the left wheel at times and the right wheel at others ........ must be fun if you switch the points wrongly !

I can't see a problem as all the points are single blades and one piece of track looks like it's double grooved*, so flanges always follow the correct route.

*A sort of gauntleted track

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 12/09/2021 at 12:06, Boris said:

My guess is that looking at the timbers in the wagon they may have made it hard to put the lamp on the bracket?

Thanks, yes, I guess there's nothing to say that there wasn't another sleeper placed directly over the lamp bracket, which has already been unloaded.

• Like 1

On 11/09/2021 at 23:05, melmerby said:

Not only are there only two O/H wires but they dont swap ends with the trolley pole when moving in and out of the shed.

Pushing rather than dragging doesn't seem to be a problem for slow speed moves.

Indeed it isn't,  but it is helped by the fact that the trolley heads swivel on a vertical pin whilst the collector wheel rotates on a horizontal shaft in the head itself. In that way the groove in the wheel is always aligned with the wire. Because the head rotates around the pin and the whole trolley pole rotates on its base, this permits true parallel alignment and thus only one wire can be used for both roads.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 12/09/2021 at 14:26, Titan said:

In fact an amusing story concerning the above,  A Tanning salon discovered that one of their competitors had been lazy and just copied their website - basically just changing the colour scheme and text etc.  All the photos were the same, but instead of copies, they were embedded links.  So he re-uploaded his photos with new URLs and redirected his website to them, but did not stop at that.  He uploaded different photos to the previous URLs.  Needless to say instead of gorgeous models, they were pictures of shall we say aesthetically challenged people with the worst tanning problems you could imagine.  And because the competitors "windows" were still looking in the same place, the place that was now occupied with these alternative pictures, their whole website was now showing these pictures instead.  The competitors did not seem to check their website much, because apparently it was showing these alternative pictures for several weeks!

Unfortunately the "Quote" function doesn't include the reason for editing... :lol:

image.png.9e9909e0762a86af3b0fb5dee214b063.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DavidBird said:

Unfortunately the "Quote" function doesn't include the reason for editing... :lol:

image.png.9e9909e0762a86af3b0fb5dee214b063.png

In fact it is usually the reason why I edit my posts.  For some reason there always seems to be a typo, spelling mistake or grammatical error that  for some reason I can only see once I have posted it...

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 minutes ago, Titan said:

In fact it is usually the reason why I edit my posts.  For some reason there always seems to be a typo, spelling mistake or grammatical error that  for some reason I can only see once I have posted it...

The peony is you know what you think you typed but the fat fingers and predicate the have other ideas!

as above but peony is problem and predicate is predicatext!

• Funny 2

13 minutes ago, johndon said:

Want to make your rolling stock fleet appear twice as large?  Do what the NRM at Shildon has done and apply a different livery on each side:

spacer.png

I thought this had something to do with the midget bench seat...

Originally 6077, if you like your SR EMUs in old money...

Edited by talisman56
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, talisman56 said:

I thought this had something to do with the midget bench seat...

Originally 6077, if you like your SR EMUs in old money...

You know, I dig how they like to paint them up all nice and smart for display, but I'd kind of like to some rolling stock displayed in "as taken out of service" condition, complete with flat flies and rust stains.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, rodent279 said:

You know, I dig how they like to paint them up all nice and smart for display, but I'd kind of like to some rolling stock displayed in "as taken out of service" condition, complete with flat flies and rust stains.

These were all taken at Shildon on 16/08/2021 - I've gone through my photos to pick out the scruffy ones. I suspect a number of the items are simply awaiting restoration, but I would imagine that some (such as the EWS hopper in the car park and the Ellington mining loco inside) are reasonably close to the condition you describe.

image.png.8199dab67e8d3018cabb803cc57f3d95.pngimage.png.d9a96f46b6bee148977f3b9c9343ca32.png

image.png.7cd0cd2e3a97093bc9a8ad665428ee7e.pngimage.png.a628857f592e308c28b7ce084beb4663.pngimage.png.38f53398a0be208c2d2715e7e00f5012.pngimage.png.cc7205c1b648cba18cf9e9c17589b650.png

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
On 11/09/2021 at 22:22, newbryford said:

Try and work this one out.......

And there's only two overhead lines for the four roads.

Pics from flickr

Seaton Depot

just watched them putting the trams to bed on Railcam

After filling up the 1st road (riverside) the next tram was for road two.

However once road 1 is full the trolley poles are in the way of trams for road two, so somebody held the trolley pole down whilst the tram passed, then replaced it the wire.

(You could just see on the camera the head of the trolley pole of the last tram on road one on the wire.)

• Like 1