Prototype for everything corner.

• RMweb Gold

Continuing the class 50 theme; while they were once a common sight at Clapham Junction there can’t be many times that one passed through with this lot on the back...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/locohunter/13909457832/in/photolist-XKLxZ8-Q47Seu-nc8Bdu-rDteWP-24iRkpZ-8fK78U-6mzSeX-RqfEHN-K3WWoh-kHfM19-dDMtA9-oJKvw2-HkN4LM-9scaXH-ah9Sk6-bqJ6jS-DRCvzS-2gTiBwP

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Western Aviator said:

Continuing the class 50 theme; while they were once a common sight at Clapham Junction there can’t be many times that one passed through with this lot on the back...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/locohunter/13909457832/in/photolist-XKLxZ8-Q47Seu-nc8Bdu-rDteWP-24iRkpZ-8fK78U-6mzSeX-RqfEHN-K3WWoh-kHfM19-dDMtA9-oJKvw2-HkN4LM-9scaXH-ah9Sk6-bqJ6jS-DRCvzS-2gTiBwP

.. and looks to be running into Clapham Yd which is also a little unusual for a rake of wagons

On 15/11/2019 at 19:52, WessexEclectic said:

The Park Sidings part of the yard at least, or bang rd into P7...

Park Sidings seems more likely as bang road into P7 would be an unsignalled movement

Edit.  Further investigation shows that there is actually a wrong direction signalled route into P7.  What is odd is that my drawing of Wimbledon Panel doesn't show it but pictures of the panel do, and I confirmed yesterday that there is a LOS at the country end of P7.

Edited by DY444

Old track used as a kerb edging on Faggy Lane which runs down the south side of Wallgate Station Wigan. It's been here since i was a lad in the '60's back when the road was still cobbled.:lol: This Lane is the only such road named Faggy Ln. in this Country.

2019-11-15_16_05.38wgwall.faggy_ln..jpg

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Mel_H said:

From another thread on the forum, but really should be here too perhaps? [Air-braked] MGR wagons on delivery (I presume) behind steam

1925922323_ScreenShot2019-11-24at20_13_10.png.2aa83d4f990672efb5fa7aa22d6f5a27.png

Not unusual it was more common than some people believe, having MGR’s running in traffic in unfitted trains!

Edited by Mark Saunders
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, Mel_H said:

From another thread on the forum, but really should be here too perhaps? [Air-braked] MGR wagons on delivery (I presume) behind steam

1925922323_ScreenShot2019-11-24at20_13_10.png.2aa83d4f990672efb5fa7aa22d6f5a27.png

It was common in the days of steam to see LU stock being delivered by a steam loco.

BRCW & Metcam stock would go down the ex GWR line from Birmingham to Ruislip with typically a Grange up front barrier wagons both ends and a Toad.(?)

Can't remember seeing a photo. Doesn't anyone know of any?

• RMweb Premium
On 16/11/2019 at 09:41, Owd Bob said:

Old track used as a kerb edging on Faggy Lane which runs down the south side of Wallgate Station Wigan. It's been here since i was a lad in the '60's back when the road was still cobbled.:lol: This Lane is the only such road named Faggy Ln. in this Country.

2019-11-15_16_05.38wgwall.faggy_ln..jpg

I spent many hours trainspotting down there (when the staff had thrown us off the platforms at North Western) in the 50s and 60s but I never noticed the rail!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, melmerby said:

It was common in the days of steam to see LU stock being delivered by a steam loco.

BRCW & Metcam stock would go down the ex GWR line from Birmingham to Ruislip with typically a Grange up front barrier wagons both ends and a Toad.(?)

Can't remember seeing a photo. Doesn't anyone know of any?

Some rather blurry film footage from Snow Hill at about 5:18 here:

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, jonny777 said:

Have you just bought a job lot of DMU coaches in assorted liveries at a car boot sale?

Don't worry, as you can always re-create this scene....

cl_115_various_liveries_20:7:82.jpg.8d2d7d16d3249f9fbe7ab3ea524239cc.jpg

Trying to figure out where those 115s are, single line says to me between Aylesbury and Princes Risborough, but I don't recognise the partially demolished building....???

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Davexoc said:

Trying to figure out where those 115s are, single line says to me between Aylesbury and Princes Risborough, but I don't recognise the partially demolished building....???

There's likely been a couple of boilers or tanks sitting on those saddles.

Princes Risborough Gas Works?

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, keefer said:

Can also apply that to ScR DMUs in the '80s but extended to having each vehicle of a different class!

Plain blue and blue/grey along with white/blue (early '80s) or Strathclyde orange (mid '80s)

e.g. https://www.railscot.co.uk/img/18/149/

Tyseley were good at that. They ran a 122/101/105 combination in three different liveries. You could also get sets with maps of three different areas inside.

Edited by TheSignalEngineer
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1