Prototype for everything corner.

Nearly as mad as the single HST power car + Mk1, a 20 taking a repaired Meridian back to Derby (I think from Crofton):

post-6971-0-15662000-1467807902.jpg

The light was fading fast, hence the horrible quality, but there you go.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

I had no idea power cars were allowed on the main line individually without some form of barrier vehicle.

Think the barrier is just so there's something to couple a rescue loco to - in this case there are buffers etc fitted on the front, so no problem coupling up.

HST power car, no front buffers, running by itself:

post-6971-0-50592900-1467914879.jpg

post-6971-0-76839900-1467914880.jpg

Rotherham, earlier in 2016, as part of the movements for the Bristol HST celebrations. The EMT power car ran Leeds-Derby, and then joined up with some others, including the prototype I think, for the trip onwards to Bristol.

Below is one of the return movements connected with the same event, heading back north. Virgin East Coast + Network Rail measurement train + Grand Central + a Virgin EC coach. The two centre power cars (NR + GC) are buffer-fitted at the nose ends:

post-6971-0-96468100-1467914881.jpg

And for good measure, a working from 2015:

post-6971-0-59821200-1467914878.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

HST power car, no front buffers, running by itself:

attachicon.gifK50P1740.jpg

attachicon.gifK50P1741.jpg

Rotherham, earlier in 2016, as part of the movements for the Bristol HST celebrations. The EMT power car ran Leeds-Derby, and then joined up with some others, including the prototype I think, for the trip onwards to Bristol.

Below is one of the return movements connected with the same event, heading back north. Virgin East Coast + Network Rail measurement train + Grand Central + a Virgin EC coach. The two centre power cars (NR + GC) are buffer-fitted at the nose ends:

attachicon.gifK50P1762.jpg

And for good measure, a working from 2015:

attachicon.gifK50P0112.jpg

Nah, it'll never happen. All pictures have been photoshopped........................................

:jester:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure this wouldn't be approved of on a layout design. A facing crossover virtually in the middle of a station.

post-6902-0-45128200-1468017335_thumb.jpg

South Tottenham Station, part of the junction for the chord towards Seven Sisters.

Dave

• Like 9

Guest 40-something

I'm sure this wouldn't be approved of on a layout design. A facing crossover virtually in the middle of a station.

attachicon.gifP1480450.JPG

South Tottenham Station, part of the junction for the chord towards Seven Sisters.

Dave

Write to Network Rail and tell them its not prototypical!

• Like 2

Why does it have a LT roundel run in sign?

Wasn't it formerly LMS; then BR(E) LT&S line manager; NSE up to privatisation ?

dh

Edited by runs as required

• RMweb Gold

Why does it have a LT roundel run in sign?

Wasn't it formerly LMS; then BR(E) LT&S line manager; NSE up to privatisation ?

dh

It's now part of London overground

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifP1480450.JPG

Dave

Birmingham New Street has several.

There used to be scissors crossovers at Cambridge

attachicon.gifcambridge-class37-into-station-br.jpg

Not sure if they are there any more, though.

Lichfied City had a scissors on each side of the island platform. Snow Hill had one betwen each of the Main and platform lines. 

Birmingham New Street has several.

Lichfied City had a scissors on each side of the island platform. Snow Hill had one betwen each of the Main and platform lines. 

Edinburgh Waverley has a scissors crossover between platforms 1,2,19 & 20.

Edited by ejstubbs

• RMweb Gold

The new arrangement at Penryn on the Falmouth branch is similar, with one long platform so that there is no need fro passengers to cross the line. It seems very strange compared to the 'traditional' up & down loop lines.

One reason it was recommissioned this way, rather than with two parrallel platforms as it originally had, is that disabled access to the decommissioned platform would have been difficult and expensive to achieve.  As the platform that remained in use was already accessible, it made good sense to use the one platform for trains in both directions.

Kensington Olympia was famous for its scissors crossovers along both main platforms.

Another prototype for everything, whilst driving a rail replacement bus for DLR last weekend, on a street corner along the old A13 Commercial Road, the junction where you turn off to go to West ferry Station, there's a corner house painted onto an adverting hoarding. It looks very realistic but a bit like a Bilteezi kit! I couldn't get a picture as I was driving at the time!

there's a corner house painted onto an adverting hoarding. It looks very realistic but a bit like a Bilteezi kit! I couldn't get a picture as I was driving at the time!

A bit like this one.  The Old Eastern Hotel Pub.  :smile_mini2:

https://goo.gl/maps/FnFvVoV9Wt72

+

http://pubshistory.com/LondonPubs/Limehouse/EasternHotel.shtml

+

http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/london/e14_poplar_easternhotel.html

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 4

These were very trendy about twenty years ago, particularly in Lyon; it's a technique called 'Trompe d'Oeil' (or confusing the eye). The best examples really do!

• Like 1

These were very trendy about twenty years ago, particularly in Lyon; it's a technique called 'Trompe d'Oeil' (or confusing the eye). The best examples really do!

I was once dispatched off to Rotterdam (Yes Rotterdam) to photograph these by an over enthusiastic picture editor. I suppose the fact that Rotterdam was the then European City of Culture had some thing to do with it. Somehow Johnny Foreigner always seems to do this thing better than us Brits.

https://goo.gl/maps/324SUmVteTD2

P

• Like 2