Prototype for everything corner.

• RMweb Gold

Not as exotic as some items on this thread, but as we all know, pics of Claytons working are thin on the ground.  I don't recall seeing one with such a varied short consist before.  If you don't have much space and fancy a class 17 then this could be for you.

D8615

Edited by Metr0Land
  • Like 17

6 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

Not as exotic as some items on this thread, but as we all know, pics of Claytons working are thin on the ground.  I don't recall seeing one with such a varied short consist before.  If you don't have much space and fancy a class 17 then this could be for you.

D8615

Hi Metroland,

Even more interesting that part of the consist appears to be a Taylor Hubbard 5 ton crane and its jib runner and match truck.

Gibbo.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 15/01/2020 at 10:04, Jack374 said:

Seeing electrics off route on non-electrified lines is no new occurrence, but fairly uncommon now except for ECML diversions...or taking locos to the Toton paint facility:
11696B07-F258-4805-B138-DCF57A383C4F.jpeg.d2625c0cd3c4de2f65b1d06283406d4f.jpeg

And quite recently a few class 60s have done test runs around Toton in shabby liveries, but this 90 looks like it’s been filled and not primed; perfect excuse to run an unfinished model that's used filler!

E6BE1DAF-8AD2-49EE-A3CE-73A077B1BB45.jpeg.72088e7377bfdf853d185da2ffe6d919.jpeg

Jack.

Being  repainted into Grand Central livery for use on their Blackpool - Euston services

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 minute ago, melmerby said:

Some US trains have been running with 300+ cars and 10 x 4400hp locos. (5+3+2)

So much for the AAR air brake limit!

Australia still beats that with 682 wagons and 8 x 6000hp locos. Gross weight 99,734 t, 7.3 km long.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, DavidB-AU said:

Australia still beats that with 682 wagons and 8 x 6000hp locos. Gross weight 99,734 t, 7.3 km long.

Soon these trains will be so long that the front will be at the destination before the last car has left the depot!:jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, Ramblin Rich said:

... although I think the really heavy trains are for iron ore.

BHP (Billiton).

The yank's biggest trains are double stacks.

The most coal I've seen is 165 wagons or so, going through Kearney NE  (VR cams)

• Like 1

On 17/01/2020 at 16:12, Metr0Land said:

Big assumption to make there, no smoke.

How do you know the driver, secondman, fitter and the guard are not pushing the loco from the back of the guards van. :lol:

• Funny 3

4 hours ago, jf2682 said:

I think you're right.  Wonder how we are going to reduce iron ore without coke?  Anyone know?

There is a lot of research going on about alternatives to coking coal, including carbon from natural gas and even recycled plastic and rubber. But they are a looooong way off industrial use.

Cheers

David

• Informative/Useful 2