Prototype for everything corner.

This is not really a prototype for everything, but a prototype for a train which could be fitted onto many layouts without needing to have vehicles removed. 

The Master Cutler passes Sandy circa 1961 with a early (D200-D209) EE Type 4 in charge. 4 MetCamm Pullmans and two older style brake seconds is all you need. 

sandy_d20*_master_cutler_1961.JPG.1ef6c1ecf856a587b0c6fbdd4f564a22.JPG

• Like 14

8 hours ago, Metr0Land said:

Have you always fancied a Mk1 restaurant car in your coal depot?  There's no reason why not.  (The caption suggests it might have been on the way to have underframe etc recovered for another use).

W1902_30-8-79

"British Rail found a solution to the problems caused by an inefficient AGA cooker fitted to its Restaurant coach"

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Metr0Land said:

Have you always fancied a Mk1 restaurant car in your coal depot?  There's no reason why not.  (The caption suggests it might have been on the way to have underframe etc recovered for another use).

W1902_30-8-79

Looks like the window visible through the gangway has been smashed, and I'm not sure about the underframe boxes, look to have covers removed. There is also something either stuck or painted on the side by the far door, but it doesn't look like COND or crossed circle. Longworth lists it as scrapped 11/78, so what was it doing there almost a year later? 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Davexoc said:

Looks like the window visible through the gangway has been smashed, and I'm not sure about the underframe boxes, look to have covers removed. There is also something either stuck or painted on the side by the far door, but it doesn't look like COND or crossed circle. Longworth lists it as scrapped 11/78, so what was it doing there almost a year later? 

HMRS Paul quotes Longworth as it not being scrapped until '93

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, melmerby said:

HMRS Paul quotes Longworth as it not being scrapped until '93

So it was, I somehow skipped a number to 1903, that was scrapped in '78!

Looking at the image again, is there something wrong with the leading wheelset/suspension?

2 hours ago, Davexoc said:

So it was, I somehow skipped a number to 1903, that was scrapped in '78!

Looking at the image again, is there something wrong with the leading wheelset/suspension?

2 hours ago, melmerby said:

Certainly doesn't look straight.

Could be that it is just sitting on uneven track?

• RMweb Gold

The teatime TPO working from Willesden to Dover was well known for having to use anything and everything that might be available after a bad day, and after privatisation had a plethora of liveries as well.  However, I've never seen a 58 on this working and come to that don't recall seeing any other 58's pressed into use on a TPO, but maybe rmwebbers know of others.

8224149207_eac51a5e66_c.jpg58010 East Croydon 1O90 15-07-1999 by Wilbert B, on Flickr

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

If it is a Class 73, then presumably its the allocated train loco and either there is an unexpected reversal on route, or something  that prevents the loco running round or returning via the normal route, and another loco has had to be found at short notice.