Prototype for everything corner.

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, Rugd1022 said:

Need somewhere to plonk that left over old carriage body you thought you'd never find a use for....? Ashden Halt, somewhere in Great Eastern territory....

RMW Ashden Halt.jpg

Super photo. The platform lamps look very nice, but the bench looks somewhat basic - 3x 5 gallon cans and a plank? 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Rugd1022 said:

Need somewhere to plonk that left over old carriage body you thought you'd never find a use for....? Ashden Halt, somewhere in Great Eastern territory....

RMW Ashden Halt.jpg

Just imagine some old dear walking on to the platform, opening the door, only to be told

"Sorry madam, this isn't the train, that's it over there with that smokey thing on the front"!

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

2 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

RMW Ashden Halt.jpg

That's an interesting photo Nidge. I have a similar one, except mine is of a lesser quality and was taken in winter. Also mine does not have the luxury seat by the lamp. 

IMG_4788.JPG.17b8a06e16cbcc4cab5d56683b94c5c7.JPG

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, iands said:

Super photo. The platform lamps look very nice, but the bench looks somewhat basic - 3x 5 gallon cans and a plank? 

Better than many of today’s options either no seat at all or on slope to deter sleeping. 

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

RMW Ashden Halt.jpg

How about a modern image version using a pacer body.............

Keith

• Like 6
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, malc60015 said:

image.png.a9461dc62c900308358b7d99a6a8bb5e.png

That picture is described elsewhere as dating from 1948, which looks much more likely than 1926, judging by the lady's costume and the oil drum.

Edited by 4069

7 minutes ago, Porkscratching said:

She looks exactly like my step dad's old mother, circa mid 1960s !

Where is the pic supposed to be taken?

21 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

An old dear at a remote country halt it is then...! (Knowlton Halt, 1926)….

Knowlton Halt (1926) old3 closed 1948 Nick Catford.jpg

• RMweb Gold

For those who like have a random mixture of stock and want to run big trains, take a look at the first picture in this article taken in the summer of 1963.

First a Choc and Cream Mk1 BCK, a Blood & Custard SK or SO followed by a maroon one, then I think the fourth coach is a Gresley.

https://www.therailwayhub.co.uk/4347/sentry-at-the-gate-how-the-north-warwickshire-line-avoided-closure/

Edited by TheSignalEngineer
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Bet those stations didn't cost £14,000,000 to build

No, but look again at Knowlton Halt shelter. They did spend a few bob on the canopy and valencing around it. Proper station style.

On 21/10/2019 at 17:39, Mel_H said:

What to do with that new Warwell you just bought? Load it with a wagon! [Salisbury 1988, grab from video, 7mins in, here 

]

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 17.35.09.png

Good news a prototype for a badly done renumbering job.  The 33 and the 111 look like they are a different size and the 111 are very close together.  As an aside these videos are brilliant.

540831167_Screenshot_20200309-072810_SamsungInternet.jpg.116b3adb07a2b49b797c3800335702d4.jpg.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

For those who like have a random mixture of stock and want to run big trains, take a look at the first picture in this article taken in the summer of 1963.

First a Choc and Cream Mk1 BCK, a Blood & Custard SK or SO followed by a maroon one, then I think the fourth coach is a Gresley.

https://www.therailwayhub.co.uk/4347/sentry-at-the-gate-how-the-north-warwickshire-line-avoided-closure/

Despite this photo evidence and even though I like to run rakes with mixed liveries I  couldn't run a crimson & cream coach in one of my rakes when running as summer of 1963; just the thought of doing it makes me feel uncomfortable.