Prototype for everything corner.

17 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

I guess someone's finger slipped when typing out the number to be put on this ......

278_08.jpg.6a6b7d3b455e63422d99513f9927dc48.jpg

There's one too many digits? I thought Departmental numbers were 6 digits, not 7...

21 minutes ago, Cowley 47521 said:

I’d love to see a recreation of that photo featuring one of the green mainline registered LSL 47s, but with a brand new Tesla parked next to it...

Hi Cowley,

How are you going to get a Brush type 4 into space ?

Gibbo.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Cowley 47521 said:

I’d love to see a recreation of that photo featuring one of the green mainline registered LSL 47s, but with a brand new Tesla parked next to it...

With the slogan 'Range anxiety?   Let the train take the strain....'

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

No shunter on site? Use a digger to move Mk3's around....

Sadly those Mk3's will end up as a part of those piles of shredded metal :cry:

The good news is this Youtube channel (no connection etc, but useful for modelling) has videos of the shreddings leaving site as scrap as well :)

Edited by ruggedpeak
  • Like 9

44 minutes ago, ruggedpeak said:

No shunter on site? Use a digger to move Mk3's around....

Hi Rugged,

That's nothing on the lads at Carnforth, they were shunting mainline registered stuff around with the bucket of a Bray digger against the lower part of the gangway thirty years ago.  The reason for using the lower part was that they discovered that if they used the bucket to shove against the middle of the gangway it would bend.

Gibbo.

• Like 1

Found an unusual one on this video, if you scroll forward to 3 mins 30 seconds you see a Scotrail liveried coach in a five coach formation, which I assume is a portion off a Birmingham or Manchester working.  FIrst time I have ever seen a Scotrail liveried coach hauled by an electric loco.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, luckymucklebackit said:

First time I have ever seen a Scotrail liveried coach hauled by an electric loco.

Same here. I’ve seen a few (maybe half a dozen) pictures of cross-country trains going to or from Scotland with a ScotRail-liveried coach in the formation but all of them were taken in the southwest of England. Of those that routed via the WCML, at least some of them would have had an electric loco on north of Birmingham but pictures are clearly scarce.

8 hours ago, Western Aviator said:

Same here. I’ve seen a few (maybe half a dozen) pictures of cross-country trains going to or from Scotland with a ScotRail-liveried coach in the formation but all of them were taken in the southwest of England. Of those that routed via the WCML, at least some of them would have had an electric loco on north of Birmingham but pictures are clearly scarce.

That is a very short train with an 87 at the front. Would it be a Glasgow portion of a service which mostly went to Inverness? Sorry if the answer is obvious, but my Scottish rail knowledge is not good. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, montyburns56 said:

I've seen railtours in wooden open wagons, but not ones using 16 Tonners.

Hemelite sidings Redbourn.

1973 - First Class at Hemel..

Can't copyright a photo if you don't own it.

The person who took it or the estate thereof might still have the original negs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, jonny777 said:

That is a very short train with an 87 at the front. Would it be a Glasgow portion of a service which mostly went to Inverness? Sorry if the answer is obvious, but my Scottish rail knowledge is not good. 

Possibly split at Carstairs, the rear portion being taken to Edinburgh?

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, great central said:

Possibly split at Carstairs, the rear portion being taken to Edinburgh?

I have a feeling the Birmingham - Glasgow/Edinburgh service was for many years worked as one train, two portions.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, melmerby said:

I have a feeling the Birmingham - Glasgow/Edinburgh service was for many years worked as one train, two portions.

I noted from the video that the first three WCML expresses featured were all short trains with similar formations.  All three had 5 passenger coaches although two had a BGs attached.  Unfortunately the Scottish Region carriage working books on Robert Carroll's site don't include 1986.

Jim

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

I haven't. The pictures are from Flickr.

The picture clearly says "Copyright © Robert Gadsdon 2020 - original photographer unknown", so unless you are Robert Gadsdon using an alias, it doesn't apply to you.:D

Edited by melmerby
  • Agree 1