Prototype for everything corner.

• RMweb Premium

Other routes in the area included Bescot to Bescot via Wednesbury, Princes End, Tipton, Soho and Perry Barr- closed at Princes End in 1981- or New Street to New Street via Castle Bromwich, Walsall and Soho still open.

Wolves to Wolves via Bescot, Perry Barr West jn, Soho North jn & Tipton.

Walsall to Walsall via Sutton Park line, Castle Bromwich jn., New St & Bescot.

Other permutations are available!

I'm surprised not more use of the loops has been made to combine train services.

You can already go from Walsall to Wolverhampton via New Street, saving one train and a platform space in New Street.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

The mess coach didn't just provide tea, though copious amounts of it might be needed.  On a big breakdown job after a bad accident, the crew might be on site continually for several days working flat out in horrible conditions, and need feeding, washing, toilet, and sleeping facilities, all of which would be available in the mess coach.  

I've seen pics of BR test trains working over the Chesham branch on a few occasions but never seen one at Hammersmith

5662894476_14261c3f6f_z.jpgglc - br test dmu hammersmith met lte 05-12-84 JL by John Law, on Flickr

The only Class 103 dmu I ever drove. Test train from Newport to Hereford. Test staff moaning I wasn't going fast enough. Wasn't possible with a power+trailer on the North & West route.

Paul J.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

We see a lot of summer time layouts, some are clearly in hot weather showing parks or beaches with people sunning themselves or playing cricket. Does anyone model carriages with their windows open?

post-14351-0-94884600-1544304853_thumb.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 3